28 January 2008
27 April 2012
25 February 2008
8 March 2010
2 August 2004
8 June 2004
• Clifford Chance has promoted nine associates to counsel level. They are: Gregory Crookes, Quirine Eenhorst, Herke van Hulst, Sander Klaassen, Juliette Luycks, Timon Reijn, Nanette Rutgers, Robert Smits and Michiel Sunderman.
• Richard Humphreys QC has joined the set at Francis Taylor Building (formerly known as 2 Harcourt Buildings) from 4-5 Gray's Inn Square.
• Howes Percival has recruited Sara Stabler as an assistant in its commercial litigation team from Taylor Vinters, where she was an associate.
• Anthony Collins Solicitors has hired Sarah Webb from Wragge & Co as a senior assistant. Richard Freeth has also joined as an assistant from Warwickshire County Council, while Phil Barnes has been promoted to associate level.
• Crutes has recruited Simon Matthews as an associate in its specialist claims team from DLA Piper. Doug Reid also joins as finance manager from Huntsman, while Paul Joisce joins from oils seals manufacturer Arefco Special Products as the firm's financial accountant.
• Neil Graham has joined Dawsons Solicitors' family department as partner. He was previously an associate at Payne Hicks Beach.
• Stones Solicitors has hired Adrian Richards as regulatory compliance, quality and risk officer. He joins from Shoosmiths, where he was a partner in the legal expenses division.
• Employment partner Suzanna Gilmartin has joined Thomson Snell & Passmore's commercial client group from Vizard Wyeth Solicitors, where she was head of the employment team.
• The Law Society has recruited Mark Stobbs from the Bar Standards Board as director of legal policy.
• Bath-based firm Withy King has hired Caroline Entwistle as an assistant from Mogers Solicitors.
• Ashton Morton Slack has appointed Imran Jaffar to associate level in its business crime team. He was previously operating on a consultative basis for Garstangs, JH law and Paul Martin & Co.
• Grundberg Mocatta Rakison has hired partner Carol Martin from Bircham Dyson Bell.
• Gary Yantin has joined Wallaces' commercial property department as an assistant. He was previously legal counsel at Talarius.
• Lancashire firm Haworth & Nuttall has recruited Tanya Magell as an associate from C Turner Solicitors.
• Swindon-based commercial firm Clark Holt has hired Jonathan Ashbridge as partner. He joins from Maxwell Winward, where he was head of the banking and finance department.
• Gillespie Macandrew has hired Heather McCracken as an associate in the commercial property team from Bell & Scott.
• Yorkshire-based firm HLW Commercial Lawyers has hired Joan Pettingill as a partner in its recently formed employment group. She joins from Taylor & Emmet, where she was head of employment.
• Chafes has hired Jonathan Hall as an assistant from North East firm Morton Solicitors. He will head the commercial litigation team.
• North West firm Farleys Solicitors has appointed three trainees. Rebecca Hindle and Damien Pickup will be based in Blackburn in the family law and civil litigation teams respectively, while Rachel Jenner joins the commercial group in Shadsworth.
• Heller Ehrman has hired Joseph Zhou as a senior associate and relocated Wayne Gu as special counsel to its litigation group in Shanghai. Zhou joins from Paul Hastings Janofsky & Walker, while Gu relocates from Heller's New York office.
• French firm Bredin Prat has promoted Olivier Rogivue and Olivier Saba to partner level, while Kate Romain and Raed Fathallah are promoted to counsel.
• Crowell & Moring has promoted Christoph De Preter to the position of senior counsel in its Brussels office.
• Gide Loyrette Nouel has transferred partner Nicholas Tse to its London office to work with the international dispute resolution team. He joins with his team of five lawyers.
Move of the week
• Cobbetts has hired Mark Thompson as head of human resources (HR) and business improvement. He joins from Rosebys, where he was commercial director. At Rosebys he initially had responsibility for store operations and HR, and latterly for HR and corporate projects.