The Lawyer’s new China Elite report contains the most detailed research available on the PRC legal market and contains unparalleled insight into the country's leading law firms. They vary in size, practice focus and geographic coverage, but they all share one common quality – ambition... Read more
This year, The Lawyer’s annual ranking of the largest UK law firms by turnover is available as an interactive, digital benchmarking tool. For the first time this will allow you to manipulate each data set against the metrics of your choice.
Speechly Bircham is to promote Mark Summers to its partnership within the private client team, effective from 1 November. Summers has been at Speechly since 2004.
• Speechly Bircham is to promote Mark Summers to its partnership within the private client team, effective from 1 November. Summers has been at Speechly since 2004.
• Brachers Solicitors has hired Angela Witcher as head of marketing from investment agency Locate. The firm has also hired Paul Dungate as an associate in the corporate commercial team from Hays, where he was a member of the in-house legal team. Newly qualified assistant Alex Marks also joins the debt recovery team after completing his training at PRU (Prudential) Legal.
• Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton has hired three associates in its labour and employment team in Washington DC. Thomas Wotring and Sheldon Kline join from Thelen Reid BrownRaysman & Steiner, while Jonathan Rose joins from Katten Muchin Rosenman.
• Midlands firm Wright Hassall has hired four lawyers. Andrew Bullock joins as counsel in the property litigation team from London-based Clarendon Chambers, where he was a barrister. Assistants James Leyland and Rebecca Okell join from MFG Solicitors in Worcester and Pinsent Masonsin Birmingham respectively. Newly qualified Tina Patel also joins as an assistant in the housing and local government unit.
• Newly formed firm Lewis Hymanson Small has hired Neeta Laing as an associate. Laing will head the employment law division. She previously worked as an associate atEversheds.
• Midlands firmNelsons has hired banking law specialist Michael Lodge as a partner. Lodge joins fromBrowne Jacobson, where he worked for 14 years and where he was also a partner and head of the banking team.
• Oury Clark has hired Denise Lester as a partner to head the family law department. Lester was previously at Moss Beachley Mullem & Coleman, where she was a senior partner.
• Leeds law firm Lupton Fawcett has appointed Andy Gilchrist as a director of its employment law group. Gilchrist was previously an associate in Cobbetts' Leeds office.
• Crown Office Chambers has poached barristers Dominic Kay and Dermot Woolgar from 3 Paper Buildings as tenants. Anna Laney has also joined Crown Office as a tenant from Tanfield Chambers.
• Barristers Lukhvinder Kaur and David Mackley have joined Young Street Chambers as tenants. Kaur was previously at Trinity Chambers in Essex and Mackley has just completed his studies.
• Barristers Rabin Govindarajah, Mark Roscoe and Mark Stephens, have joined Eight King's Bench Walk as tenants. Stephens and Roscoe were formerly tenants at 2 King's Bench Walk, while Govindarajah was previously at Academy Chambers.