Jeff Schwartz has joined the Washington DC office of Dewey Ballantine as a partner in the IP litigation group. Schwartz was previously a partner at Nixon Peabody.
• Jeff Schwartz has joined the Washington DC office of Dewey Ballantine as a partner in the IP litigation group. Schwartz was previously a partner at Nixon Peabody.
• Leeds and Bradford firm Gordons has promoted six lawyers to its partnership. They are James Fawcett in corporate; Phil Gregory in commercial property; Anjon Mallik in construction; John Owen in regulatory risk and compliance; Paul Stokey in employment; and Frances Davies in private client.
• Birketts has promoted Andrew Rush to its partnership. Rush joined the firm from Eversheds in 2005 to lead the construction team. At the same time Alex Davey, Matthew Newnham, Sonya O'Reilly, Marco Toffanello and Simon Woodhead have been promoted to associate level. .
• Arthur Cox has hired three associates. Joan Boyle joins the corporate and commercial team from • , where she was a senior associate. Kirsty Simon joins the banking team from • and specialises in project finance. Jacqueline McAleese joins the Northern Ireland office in the litigation team from insurance firm • .
• Keoghs has recently taken on two lawyers to strengthen its motor crime and regulatory team. Julian Dexter joins as an associate from Beachcroft and Rob Delaney joins as an assistant from Buller Jeffries.
• Hill Dickinson has bolstered its Manchester employment team with the hires of Sue Morrison and Caroline Shafar from Mace & Jones. Morrison was previously head of employment at Mace & Jones.
• Citi Private Bank has hired Camille Barreto, Frankie Casey, Shawn Christie and Joseph Tuson as bankers in its law firm group. Barreto joins from Citi Private Bank in New York and Tuson joins from Coutts. Casey and Christie join from Barclays Wealth, where they were both senior international relationship managers.
• Holland West has rejoined Shearman & Sterling as counsel after retiring from the firm in 2005. Shearman has also appointed Geoffrey Goldman as counsel. West was previously a partner at the firm and headed the derivatives and structured finance market group, while Goldman joins from Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton.
• Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel has hired Paul Ritter as a partner in the employment group. He joins from Cooley Godward Kronish to head the firm's executive compensation practice.