The Lawyer Africa Elite 2014 features an in-depth look at 46 leading independent firms’ strategies in 15 key sub-Saharan jurisdictions, as well as the views of in-house counsel from some of Africa’s largest companies... Read more
This year, The Lawyer’s annual ranking of the largest UK law firms by turnover is available as an interactive, digital benchmarking tool. For the first time this will allow you to manipulate each data set against the metrics of your choice.
South East firm IBB Solicitors has made four promotions to the partnership. They are Jeff Elphee in commercial development and construction, Jon Mowbray in real estate and dispute resolution, Joanne Gibbons in crime and Paul Murray in childcare
- South East firm IBB Solicitors has made four promotions to the partnership. They are Jeff Elphee in commercial development and construction, Jon Mowbray in real estate and dispute resolution, Joanne Gibbons in crime and Paul Murray in childcare.
- US firm McKenna Long & Aldridge has hired litigator Charles Dorkey as a partner and William Ellis as corporate senior counsel from Tory's.
- Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky and Popeo has appointed Richard Kanoff and Jeffrey Schwartz as counsel in Boston. Kanoff is the former in-house counsel at Calpine Corporation, while Schwartz joins from Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz.
- Harrison Drury haspromoted commercial property specialist John Chesworth to its partnership. Chesworth joined the firm four months ago from Brabners Chaffe Street.
- South East firm Rawlison Butler has appointed Neil Benson as a partner in the commercial litigation team. Benson joins from City firm Manches.
- Fraud and defence firm O'garra's Solicitors has recruited Richard Manning as a consultant. Manning joins from Walker Morris, where he led the family law and advocacy group.
- Wilsons partner Ralph Ray announced that he will retire in October after 50 years as a tax lawyer.
- Harding Evans has promoted three lawyers to associate level: Jayne Fletcher in dispute resolution; Jonathan Hill in dispute resolution and commercial litigation; and Wyn Williams in property.
- Bond Pearce professional indemnity partner Erik Salomonsen has been appointed as president of the Devon & Exeter Law Society.
- Taunton firm Shaw Marsden has appointed partner Ian Foster as head of its new corporate and commercial division.
- Winston & Strawn has hired Scott Samay as a litigation partnerin New York. He joins from Kirkland & Ellis, where he focused on IP disputes and commercial litigation.
- Commercial property firm Bell & Scott has promoted Dawn Henderson to its partnership. Henderson joined the firm in 2002.
- Linklaters has hired Michael Baron as of counsel. Baron was previously head of the antitrust/competition department at the German Federal Ministry for Economics.
- Berryman has added four associates in Nottingham. Rhys Whyborn joins the employment team from Bond Pearce; Lorraine Turville joins the commercial property team from Geldards; wills and probate specialist Sara Klapkowski joins from Hopkins; and family law specialist Collette Short joins from Oldham Marsh Page Flavell.