The Lawyer’s new China Elite report contains the most detailed research available on the PRC legal market and contains unparalleled insight into the country's leading law firms. They vary in size, practice focus and geographic coverage, but they all share one common quality – ambition... Read more
This year, The Lawyer’s annual ranking of the largest UK law firms by turnover is available as an interactive, digital benchmarking tool. For the first time this will allow you to manipulate each data set against the metrics of your choice.
* Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer has promoted Jodie Flynn to of counsel. Flynn, previously a senior associate in the IP/IT practice, specialises in the pharmaceutical sector.
* Kenneth Parker QC, joint head of Monckton Chambers, has been appointed as the new Public Law Commissioner with effect from 1 January 2006. Parker will also sit as deputy High Court judge in the Chancery and Queen's Bench divisions.
* Chadbourne & Parke has expanded its London insurance and reinsurance practice with the appointment of four assistants. Eugene Matveichuk joins from Barlow Lyde & Gilbert; Julia Ford joins from Holman Fenwick & Willan; Jonathan Ogle joins from DLA Piper Rudnick Gray Cary; and Anita Rivera comes from Denton Wilde Sapte.
* US firm Paul Hastings Janofsky & Walker has promoted Mark Brooks as of counsel in its Hong Kong real estate group. Brooks specialises in broad-based corporate and commercial real estate. His background includes leasing, acquisitions, financings, development and general real estate.
* Kirkpatrick & Lockhart Nicholson Graham has appointed Ian Fraser as a partner in the tax group. Fraser joins from Baker & McKenzie where he specialised in employee share schemes. He was previously at Berwin Leighton Paisner.