23 June 2008
18 July 2013
14 November 2013
23 September 2013
31 May 2013
30 May 2013
Move of the week
Clifford Chance has recruited litigation and dispute resolution partner Reinhard Dammann to the firm's Paris office. He was previously a partner at White & Case.Chamblee as its first chief diversity partner. She will implement the firm's diversity action plan across its eight offices worldwide.
• Eversheds national commercial head Jonathan Holt and Birmingham head of commercial Peter McHugh are to leave the firm following the merger of the corporate and commercial practice groups. Richard Prowse is set take over from McHugh as Birmingham head of commercial, while former corporate head Peter Halpin will lead the new 'company commercial' group.
• Yorkshire firm Rollitts has hired Simon Best from Catteralls in Wakefield. He will join the property law team in the York office as an assistant solicitor. #US firm Dechert has taken on bankruptcy lawyer Schmuel Vasser as a partner in the business restructuring and reorganisation practice. He was previously at Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge and will be based in New York.
• Five lawyers at Liverpool-based sister firms Quinn Barrow and Quinn Melville have been promoted to partner. Litigation lawyer Paul Thomas and family law specialist Jenny Walsh made the partnership at Quinn Barrow, while Ian Till, Clare Fletcher and Lionel Greig bolster the criminal law team at Quinn Melville.
• Ipswich and Norwich firm Birketts has hired commercial property solicitors Aimee Balaam and Graeme Burslem. Balaam, who joins from solicitors Holmes & Hills, will be based in Cambridge, while Burslem joins the Ipswich office from Kester Cunningham John.
• Victoria Trigg has been appointed as a district judge in the South Eastern circuit. She will be based at Staines County Court.
• Martin John has been appointed the new public guardian and chief executive of the Office of the Public Guardian, taking over from Richard Brook. He previously headed up the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal and more recently worked in business development for the Tribunals Service.
• Norton Rose has moved corporate insurance of counsel Jérôme Da Ros from London to Paris, where he will work alongside corporate finance partner Pascale Gallien.
• US firm Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld has appointed David Elder as a partner and head of the energy and global transactions practice. He joins from Locke Lord Bissell & Liddell and will be based in Houston.
• The Bar Council has appointed Paul Mosson as head of member services. Mosson joins from the National Housing Federation, where he was business sales and support manager.
• Hill Dickinson's Chester office has been strengthened by the appointment of family law partner Paula Millburn. She previously headed the family law division at Manchester-based JMW Solicitors.
• Construction law specialist Keith Songhurst has been made up to partner at Essex solicitors Birkett Long. The firm has also promoted Emma Brunning, Ben Twitchen, Miranda Leate and Nadina Edmondson to associate.
• Employment lawyer Lisa Hoare has joined Cardiff-based Ergo Solicitors from Swansea-based John Collins and Partners.
• David Worster has been appointed as a circuit judge and assigned to Birmingham Civil Justice Centre. He takes up his new post on 2 July.
• Thames Valley firm Boyes Turner has boosted its corporate group by hiring corporate associate Evelyn Adfield from the Nottingham office of Eversheds. The firm has also hired two assistants. Industrial disease specialist Richard Wargent joins from Shoosmiths in Basingstoke, while insolvency solicitor Katie Tait joins from Pitmans in Reading.
• Mayfair law firm Forsters has announced the appointment of a new head of its corporate group. Jeremy Whiteson takes over from Craig Eadie who stands down after nearly 10 years, remaining a partner within the group.
• City boutique Heatons has strengthened its property team by hiring Rima Gasperas as an associate from Hill Dickinson.
• US firm Steptoe & Johnson has appointed