5 November 2007
24 January 2014
23 September 2013
15 August 2013
13 May 2014
12 September 2013
- Peters & Peters has made up Ben Summers (pictured) to the partnership in the firm's fraud and regulatory team. Summers joined the firm in March 2003 as a barrister, having trained and practised at fraud set QEB Hollis Whiteman. He is a well-regarded specialist in data protection and computer crime and is the chair of the Fraud Advisory Panel's Data Protection Sub-Group.Yorkshire firm Keeble Hawson has appointed associate Philip Brown to its corporate team in Leeds. Brown joins from Pinsent Masons.
- Harbottle & Lewis has hired media litigation assistant Jo Sanders from Bindman & Partners. Harbottles has also taken on five trainees who will join the firm as assistants: John Brink and Chloe Targett-Adams join the corporate team from Shepherd and Wedderburn and SJ Berwin respectively, Matthew Leverton joins the litigation team from Travers Smith, Michael Reiner joins the property group from EAD Solicitors and Donald Taylor joins the charities and corporate group from Dickinson Dees.
- Agricultural firm Nigel Davis has appointed associate Wanda Goodhead as head of its property department. Goodhead was previously at BPP. The firm has also promoted property associate Jane Bastin to consultant level.
- East Lancashire firm Backhouse Jones has hired Stewart Burrows as an assistant in the commercial litigation team. He joins from Liverpool-based Hill Dickinson.
- New York firm Winston & Strawn has appointed Christopher Paolella as counsel. Paolella joins the New York office. He was previously a law clerk for US Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito.
- Eric Robinson Solicitors has taken on Paul Sams as an associate in its residential conveyancing team from Trethowans.
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer has promoted Stephan Waldhausen to the partnership in its Düsseldorf-based corporate practice.
- Tom Richards and Tristan Jones will join Blackstone Chambers after completing their 12-month pupillages.
- Roisin Laird, James Kyne and Gareth Thompson have joined North East firm Sintons to begin their training contracts.
- Manchester firm Pearson Hinchliffe has hired Rebecca Evans as an assistant in the commercial property department. Evans joins from Gruber Garratt Solicitors.
- Clinical negligence, personal injury and product liability specialist Peter Ellis has joined Seven Bedford Row as a barrister from Lamb Chambers.
- Personal injury firm Scott Rees & Co has promoted partner David Byrne to take on the new role of managing the firm's core client base. Byrne will focus on undertaking an increased sales and marketing function and attracting new referrers. move of the week
- Sintons has recruited associate Julie Garbutt for its private client team. Garbutt specialises in wealth planning and was previously at Dickinson Dees.
- Kathryn Evans has joined Southampton firm Paris Smith & Randall as an assistant in its employment team. Evans formerly worked in the legal services department of Southampton City Council.
- Spanish firm Rodés & Sala Abogados has hired commercial law specialist Francisco Mercadal, who will join as a consultant in the firm's Barcelona headquarters. Mercadal is a law professor at Universidad Autónoma in Barcelona. Rodés has also hired real estate partner Fernando Marin from Mayer Brown's ally in Spain, Ramón & Cajal.
- Juan Francisco San Andrés García has joined Spanish firm Gómez-Acebo & Pombo's Madrid office as head of the human resources department. He joins from Oracle.
- Mishcon de Reya has promoted personal tax and probate specialist Sarah Albury to senior associate in the firm's private client group.
- Pamela Bursill has re-joined Aberdeen-based Raeburn Christie Clark & Wallace as an associate in the private client conveyancing department, after having completed her initial traineeship with the firm.
- Mishka Simpson has moved to Bevans as an assistant from Bevan Brittan to support the construction department. Lucinda Bromfield has also joined from Collyer-Bristow as an employment assistant.