29 October 2007
11 June 2014
11 June 2014
15 November 2013
5 May 2014
TUPE: service provision change occurred despite significant change in the way activities carried out post-transfer
3 June 2014
- Dewey & LeBoeuf associate Sabine Konrad has become the youngest arbitrator to be appointed as a member of the panel of arbitrators of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). Konrad, who is based in Paris, specialises in international dispute resolution, international arbitration and public international law. She joins the ICSID alongside Dewey's London international dispute resolution co-head Arthur Marriott, who is a conciliator on the panel.
- Nottingham firm Andersons Solicitors has hired assistant Alison Playle from Rothera Dowson.
- Gregory Rowcliffe Milners has appointed Chris Bannister as a partner in its company and commercial team to develop its travel and leisure practice. He was previously with Sedgwick Kelly in Watford.
- Essex-based firm Birkett Long Solicitors has appointed newly-qualified Vicky Raynes to the personal tax, trusts and probate team after completing her two-year postgraduate training contract with the firm.
- Fox Hayes has promoted head of employment Angela Gorton to the partnership. Head of buy to let and investment property Simon Summerton has also been promoted to director level. Assistants Valerie Mitchell, Jessica Hall, Maria Malik and Jonathan Linton have also all been made associates, and business development manager Graham Shiers has been appointed as associate director.
- Mr Justice Langley will retire as a High Court Judge on 16 November. Langley has been sitting in the Queen's Bench Division since 1995.
- Clapham & Collinge has expanded, taking over two firms in North Norfolk. Michael Rundle and Philip Nicholson will join the firm as consultants from the Norwich branch of Partridge & Wilson. Benjamin Lowe will join from the same firm as a partner, while Sam Whatley will join as a consultant from Whatley Smith & Co.
- Lincolnshire firm Roythornes has hired partner Paul Tate in its company commercial team from HC Solicitors in Peterborough.
- Beckenham firm PJH Solicitors has recruited collaborative and family law specialist Kate Singleton as a partner from Crystal Palace firm Bennett Welch.
- Joanna White and Stuart Mansfield have joined Arthur Cox in Northern Ireland as associates. White joins the employment team from Wragge & Co while Mansfield joins the banking team from LG.
- Wilberforce Chambers barrister Anna Carboni has been made an 'appointed person' under the Trade Marks Act 1994. Carboni is the fifth person who is now able to hear appeals from the Trade Marks Registry, as an alternative to an appeal to a High Court judge.
- Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner has hired patent litigator Steven Rizzi as a partner in its New York office. Rizzi joins from Weil Gotshal & Manges, where he has worked for 15 years.
- Kirsten Bridgewater has qualified as a litigator with MFG Solicitors in Worcester. She completed her training contract at Blakemore's Birmingham office and was previously an art teacher.
- Halliwells has hired senior associate and litigator Damian McPhun from Taylor Wessing, promoting him to the partnership.
- Leeds-based firm Lupton Fawcett has appointed Charles Jackson as a director. Jackson was previously at DLA Piper's Leeds office.
- Caroline Wilson, Gemma Mottram, Richard Manley, Zoe Gaskell and Kate Thew have joined Walker Smith Way Solicitors' Chester office as trainees.
- Keeley Susan Bishop has been appointed as district judge of the South Eastern Circuit, based at the Court of Protection. Bishop was appointed as a deputy district judge in 2004.
- Bird & Bird has hired IT lawyer Jörg-Alexander Paul as an equity partner in Germany. Paul joins from Linklaters in Frankfurt, where he was a partner.
- James Shepherd has been appointed as salaried part-time chairman of the Employment Tribunals in the Sheffield region. Shepherd was previously a fee-paid chairman of the tribunal.
- Frederick Fucci has joined Arnold & Porter's partnership in New York from Thelen Reid Brown Raysman & Steiner. Fucci is a corporate transactional specialist with particular experience in the energy sector.
- Haworth & Nuttall Solicitors trainee Tom Smith has qualified as a dispute resolution, litigation, company and commercial specialist. Smith joined the Ribble Valley firm two years ago, after changing career from being a chemist.
- Emily McIntyre has completed her training contract at Eric Robinson Solicitors and has qualified as a solicitor in the wills and probate team in the firm's Chandlers Ford office.