15 October 2007
14 July 2014
20 December 2013
22 November 2013
10 March 2014
21 July 2014
- North Hampshire firm Lamb Brooks Solicitors has hired Adrian Owen as a partner to head its business restructuring and insolvency team. Owen was previously a partner at Bond Pearce in Southampton.
- Barlow Lyde & Gilbert (BLG) is attempting to relaunch its non-contentious practice with the hire of Taylor Wessing corporate partner Richard Pike. As reported on www.thelawyer.com (2 October), Pike will join BLG on 22 October as a partner.
- McGrigors has appointed George Gillham as an associate in its litigation and investigations team. He was previously at Dorsey & Whitney.
- Kuit Steinart Levy has hired four lawyers in Manchester. Daniel Stern joins as an assistant in its commercial property team from Taylor Wessing. Jane Lee and David Chambers join the tax group as assistants. Lee was previously at Macfarlanes and Chambers at Halliwells. Elizabeth Swann has been recruited as an assistant, joining from Fox Hayes. Kuit Steinart has also hired four trainees: Peter Rudledge, James Cohen, Helen Harmel and Heather Grant.
- Hugh James has appointed Alicia Young as a partner in commercial law and outsourcing. Young joins from Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, where she specialised in commercial, IT, IP and outsourcing transactions.
- Appleby has expanded its Jersey-based corporate and commercial practice with the appointment of two lawyers. Alastair Drummond joins as an advocate from Carey Olsen and Sarah Bolton has relocated from Appleby's Cayman Islands office, joining the Jersey office as counsel.
- DLA Piper has appointed Paulus Merks as a tax partner in Amsterdam. He joins from Ernst & Young.
- DLA Piper has also relocated Seattle-based corporate, securities and M&A partner Jeff Greene to its Shanghai office.
- Hong Kong giant Johnson Stokes & Master's senior partner Robert Lynn has stepped down and is being replaced by the head of the firm's commercial practice Elaine Lo. Lynn is remaining as a partner in the real estate practice, while John Marsden is set to take over as head of the commercial group.
- Cartwright King has promoted criminal defence associate Matthew Smith to the partnership. He joined the firm in 2006 following the firm's merger with Nelsons. He had been with Nelsons for six years.
- Wrigleys Solicitors has hired four lawyers. Julia Wilkinson joins as head of property from Keeble Hawson, taking over from Simon Hopwell, who has moved to the Leeds office. Jane Netting and Maria Clark join as assistants from Raleys and the IMBY
- Patrick Smith has joined New York firm Thacher Proffitt & Wood as a partner in the litigation and dispute resolution group. Smith was previously a partner at King & Spalding in New York.
- Sophia Reed has joined Pitmans as an assistant in the defendant personal injury team. Reed was previously at Vizards Wyeth.
- Pitmans has also hired David Cross as an assistant in the commercial property team. Before joining the firm, Cross was a trainee at Abrahams Dresden.
- Edward Bible, an associate with Darbys Solicitors, has qualified as a chartered tax adviser. Bible has been with the firm since February 2005 and specialises in corporate recovery and corporate tax work. #Sarah Loveless has been promoted to become the first female partner at Burningham & Brown. She has been with the Bath-based firm since September 2002.
- Clark Hood has joined asb law's commercial litigation department as an associate. He was previously at litigation specialists Kennedys.
- Howes Percival has hired Tom Sharpe as an associate in the Norwich employment team. He was previously at DLA Piper.
- Grahame Stowe Bateson has hired Jonathan James as an associate in the family law unit. He was previously at The Lister Croft Partnership in Leeds.
- Stacey Carter has joined Napthens Solicitors as a trainee. She studied law at Lancaster University and took her LPC at BPP Law School in Manchester.
- Fenwick Elliott has recruited Julie Stagg as a partner focusing on project procurement and delivery work in the UK. She joins from SJ Berwin.
- Shepherd and Wedderburn has promoted nine assistants to associate status. They are Sarah Bond, Anna Ross, Jill Stevenson, Chris McGill, Julia Kennedy, Rhona Ledgerwood, Morven Callum Caroline Nicholson and Omar Ali.
- DWF partner James Maguire has become a fellow of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, which aims to improve standards in family law.
- White & Case has hired Adele Hogan as a partner in its New York capital markets practice from Linklaters.