7 June 2010
23 September 2013
29 November 2013
28 November 2013
12 July 2013
18 November 2013
Linklaters has appointed Paul Lignières as managing partner of its Paris office for a four-year term.
Move of the week
- He takes over from Arnaud de La Cotardière, who has been made commercial divisional practice head. Lignières joined Linklaters in 2003 and became a partner in 2005, focusing on corporate and financial transactions. He is co-head of the firm’s global infrastructure and construction sector team and head of its Paris public law group. Europe managing partner Jean-Pierre Blumberg said: “Paul has an outstanding track-record in both practice and management, and I look forward to working with him to build on Arnaud’s achievements as we continue to strengthen our reputation and deepen relationships with our clients.”
- Allen & Overy (A&O) has boosted its corporate energy practice with the hire of Paul Griffin and John Geraghty as partners in its London office. The pair join A&O from the London office of Herbert Smith. Griffin, a partner at Herbert Smith since 2000 and head of the firm’s oil and gas practice, has more than 25 years experience in the international oil, gas and LNG sectors. Meanwhile, Geraghty, who was also a partner at Herbert Smith, specialises in cross-border joint ventures, project development and long-term commodity sales and off-take agreements.
- Hogan Lovells has taken on Alison Morris and Anthony Calabro as associates in its banking and finance practice. Morris joins from Minter Ellison, where she was an associate. Calabro joins from Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, where he was also an associate.
- Clyde & Co has hired Duncan Gray as a special counsel in its London energy practice. Gray joins from LG, where he was a consultant.
- Weightmans has bolstered its corporate offering with the appointment of partner William Sharpe. He joins the firm from Sibley & Co, where he has worked as a consultant since 2008. Sharpe will lead Weightmans’ London corporate team.
- Olswang has taken on restructuring and insolvency partner Séamas Gray. He joins from Pinsent Masons, where he was joint head of the firm’s London restructuring team.
- Mayer Brown has hired Chris Arnold as a partner in its finance practice. He joins the firm from Allen & Overy, where he was an associate.
- Verisona Solicitors has appointed David Oliver to head its insolvency and business recovery team. He joins the firm from Blake Lapthorn, where he was a partner.
- Corporate lawyer Jonathan Poole has left Thring Townsend Lee & Pembertons to join newly established Bristol firm Temple Bright as a partner. Having previously worked for Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Poole has been a partner at Thring Townsend for the past seven years. Meanwhile, Thring Townsend has taken on commercial lawyer Andrew Braithwaite, who joins the firm as partner from Osborne Clarke, where he was also a partner.
- Ansons Solicitors has bolstered its commercial property department with the hire of solicitor Laura Raby. She joins from Hawkins Hatton, where she was an associate.
- Bird & Bird has appointed Lourdes Ayala as a partner in its international corporate group. Ayala joins from Spanish firm Lener, where she was head of its Valladolid office. She specialises in advising corporate entities on complex M&A transactions, private equity and real estate.
- McDermott Will & Emery has revealed that New York partner Ted Howes has been appointed head of its international arbitration group.
- Reed Smith has announced the appointment of partners Jonathan Ross and David Pollock. Ross, who was previously at Dorsey & Whitney, joins the firm’s finance and investment management practice in New York. Pollock joins Reed Smith’s IP group in San Francisco.
- He was formerly an IP litigator in the Silicon Valley office of Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan.
- Paul Hastings has announced that Palmina Fava has joined the firm’s litigation department as a partner. Fava is based in the firm’s New York office and focuses her practice on anti-corruption and anti-bribery matters. Prior to joining Paul Hastings, she was a partner in the litigation department of DLA Piper.
- Winston & Strawn has hired trusts and estates attorney Kevin Lane, who joins the
- firm’s Chicago office as a partner. He joins from Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal, where he was a partner.
- Exchange Chambers has welcomed criminal practitioner David Birrell as its latest tenant.
- Birrell, who joins from Lincoln House Chambers in Manchester, was called to the bar in 2006. He brings a criminal practice, comprising of prosecution and defence work on road traffic cases.