17 May 2010
28 May 2013
2 December 2013
3 July 2013
3 January 2013
14 January 2013
Bond Pearce has strengthened its oil and gas team with the appointment of Stuart Carter as a partner.
Move of the week
Carter was previously regional general counsel (Europe and Africa) for Burlington Resources until its 2006 merger with ConocoPhillips. Since the merger he has acted as a consultant to several oil companies, including ExxonMobil and BG Group.
- Bindmans has promoted solicitors Emilie Cole and Shazia Khan to the position of associate. Cole is experienced in advising both employers and employees in HR and employment issues. Khan’s practice covers all areas of employment and discrimination law.
- DWF has boosted its corporate recovery team with the appointment of insolvency lawyer Gavin Jones. He joins as a partner from Halliwells, where he was also a partner.
- Lincoln’s Inn firm Candey has named Deborah Rasin as head of its company and commercial team. Rasin, who started her career at Gibson Dunn & Crutcher and is qualified in the US and the UK, joins from Samsonite Corporation, where she was global general counsel.
- Kingsley Napley has hired Michelle Chance as a partner in its employment department. Chance joins from Fox Lawyers, where she was a senior associate.
- Mishcon de Reya has expanded its real estate department with the appointment of Jonathan Legg. He joins as a partner from LG, where he was an associate.
- Andrew Darwin has joined London property boutique RLS Solicitors as head of litigation. Previously he was a partner at Memery Crystal.
- Vinson & Elkins has hired Amanda Chen as an associate in its London corporate finance group. She was previously at Allen & Overy.
- Stephensons Solicitors has promoted Joanne Murray, Correna Platt and Vicky Gethin to partner. Murray is in charge of the housing team at Stephensons’ St Helens office, advising tenants who have disputes with their landlords. Platt is in charge of the firm’s criminal appeals team based in Wigan. Gethin is in charge of the family and care team in Leigh.
- Walker Morris has beefed up its waste, energy and renewable group with the arrival of a director from the National Grid. Adam Davidson has worked with the National Grid for nine years, where he specialised in complex energy-related contracts involving liquefied natural gas storage, importation contracts and trading arrangements.
- Author and professor David Milman has joined Exchange Chambers in Manchester as a professorial associate. Milman is Professor of Law at the University of Lancaster. He will work in a professorial capacity within Exchange Chambers as the set launches a specialist insolvency division.
- JMW Solicitors has grown its corporate recovery and insolvency department with the appointment of newly qualified solicitor Hannah Wightman. She joins from Halliwells, where she worked as a paralegal and then a trainee solicitor.
- Steeles Law has recruited Eversheds solicitor Katy Levy as an associate in its Norwich dispute resolution team. She has returned to Steeles Law after training with the firm and qualifying into its dispute resolution team in 2006.
- Michelmores has appointed Bernadette McGhie, Sacha Pickering and Vanessa Priddis as partners. McGhie is a member of the firm’s clinical negligence team. Pickering is an insolvency and restructuring specialist. Priddis is a member of Michelmores’ family law team.
- Cripps Harries Hall has announced the promotion of Chris Wilkinson to the partnership. He is head of estates and specialises in advising high net worth individuals on the creation and use of wills and trusts and complex estate planning issues.
- German firm Beiten Burkhardt has bulked up its Dusseldorf office with the hire of IP partner Mathias Zimmer-Goertz. Zimmer-Goertz joins from IP/IT boutique Rayermann Zimmer, where he had been a partner for more than nine years.
- K&L Gates has hired Rainer Schmitt as a partner in its Frankfurt tax practice. Schmitt joins K&L Gates from the Frankfurt office of Clifford Chance, where he was a partner.
- Wolf Theiss has announced that Holger Bieleszand and Clemens Trauttenberg (based in Vienna), Luboš Frolkovic (Bratislava) and János Tóth (Budapest) have all been promoted to partner.
Asia and Middle East
- Ropes & Gray has announced the hire of Arthur Mok. He was previously with Hogan Lovells legacy firm Hogan & Hartson, where he had been the managing partner of that firm’s Shanghai office, which he launched in 2004.
- Alan Feld has joined the Los Angeles office of Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton as a partner in the finance and bankruptcy practice group. Feld most recently practised at Manatt Phelps & Philips in Los Angeles, where he co-chaired the firm’s bankruptcy and financial restructuring practice group.
- Wildman Harrold Allen & Dixon has announced that Craig Bradley has joined the firm as a Chicago-based partner in its corporate and private equity practice groups. Prior to joining Wildman Harrold, Bradley was a partner in the Chicago office of K&L Gates.
- Mourant du Feu & Jeune has hired Kate Storey as a senior associate and promoted Lionel Woodward to the same position. Storey joins from Cobbetts, where she was a senior associate.