25 January 2010
12 July 2013
5 February 2014
20 May 2013
11 October 2013
22 July 2013
DWF has boosted its London office with the appointment of Catherine May as a partner in the insurance practice.
Move of the week
- May joins from Reed Smith, where she spent three years as a partner in the professional liability team of the firm’s commercial disputes group. Paul Berry, national head of the insurance group at DWF, said: “Cathy’s appointment to develop our London commercial insurance and professional liability capability is part of our client-led strategy for organic growth in London.”
- Corporate lawyer Ross McNaughton has joined Paul Hastings as a senior associate from Herbert Smith, where he held the same position. He specialises in M&A, corporate governance and securities work.
- Rochman Landau has hired corporate partner Vanessa Williams to fill the role of head of corporate and commercial. Williams joins the firm as an equity partner from Bates Wells & Braithwaite, where she was a partner.
- Wedlake Bell has boosted its banking team with the appointment of partner Matthew Lindsay. He joins from Mishcon de Reya, where he was a partner and head of real estate finance.
- Ansons Solicitors has taken on commercial property solicitor Neil Faunch, who joins after completing a two-year training contract at the firm.
- Lupton Fawcett has strengthened its IP department by recruiting Ann Critchell-Ward as a senior associate. Critchell-Ward was previously a senior associate and head of IP and branding at Freeth Cartwright.
- Berwins Solicitors has taken on Emma Farrell, who will head the dispute resolution team, and Marie Walsh, who joins the commercial and employment law department. Farrell was previously an associate at Dublin firm Matheson Ormsby Prentice, while Walsh was previously a solicitor at Ware & Kay Solicitors.
- Jacksons Solicitors has taken on newly qualified solicitor Erica Doe, who recently completed her training contract with the firm. She graduated from Teesside University and completed her LPC at the College of Law in York.
- Italian firm Legance Studio Legale Associato has strengthened its project finance capabilities with the appointment of Rosella Antonucci as a counsel and three additional lawyers, Maria Teresa Solaro, Giovanni Scirocco and Antonio Gerlini, all of whom will be based at the firm’s Rome office. Before joining Legance, Antonucci was a senior associate in the project finance department at Allen & Overy.
- McDermott Will & Emery Rechtsanwälte Steuerberater has announced that it is strengthening its corporate capabilities with the addition of corporate partner Carsten Böhm to its Munich office. He joins from Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom, where he was a counsel.
- Ropes & Gray has hired Maxwell Fox as a partner in its Tokyo IP group. He joins from Paul Hastings, where he was a partner and co-head of litigation at the firm’s Tokyo office.
- Weil Gotshal & Manges has hired Steven Tyrrell, former chief of the US Department of Justice’s fraud section, as a partner in its Washington DC office. Tyrrell and Boston partner Thomas Frongillo will serve as co-chairs of the firm’s investigations and criminal defence practice.
- Curtis Dombek has joined the Los Angeles office of Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton as a partner in the government contracts and regulated industries practice group. An international trade specialist, Dombek was most recently a partner at Bryan Cave.
- Healthcare attorneys Gerry Hinkley and Allen Briskin, both formerly with Davis Wright Tremaine, have joined Pillsbury’s healthcare industry practice in San Francisco. Hinkley will serve as co-chair of the firm’s health industry team along with Pillsbury partner David Main. Briskin joins the firm as counsel. He has more than 25 years’ experience representing for-profit, nonprofit and government healthcare clients.
- McDermott Will & Emery has announced that Margaret Wilson has rejoined the firm as a partner in its New York office. She was previously a partner at McDermott from 2003 to 2006. She rejoins the firm from Verizon Communications, where she served as associate general counsel, heading the state and local tax counsel function. Both at Verizon and in her prior practice at McDermott Wilson advised on a range of areas, including managing audits, litigation and tax planning.
- Conyers Dill & Pearman has hired corporate associates Tara Rivers in the Cayman Islands and Claire McConway, Robert Alexander and Victor Richards in Bermuda. Prior to joining Conyers Rivers was an associate in Allen & Overy’s London office, where she worked in the international capital markets team. McConway joins from the London office of King & Spalding; Alexander arrives from Lovells, where he was an associate in the corporate tax department; and Richards has come from Reed Smith in London.