21 September 2009
23 September 2013
16 January 2014
30 September 2013
24 September 2013
13 September 2013
Reed Smith has appointed partners Lucy and Newcomb Phillip Slater (above) from Addleshaw Goddard to its acquisition and leveraged finance practice in London.
Moves of the week
The pair focus specifically on advising banks and financial institutions, corporate borrowers, private equity sponsors and governments. Slater said: “It’s an exciting time to be part of Reed Smith’s London expansion and I look forward to furthering the firm’s endeavours in relation to the development of its leveraged and acquisition finance practice.” Newcomb added: “This is a very exciting opportunity.”
- Mayer Brown has promoted Mark Prinsley to head of IP and IT in London after the departure of Stephen Gare to Greenberg Traurig Maher.
- Blake Lapthorn has taken on Caron Heyes as head of clinical negligence team in London. She joins from Colemans-ctts, where she was a partner.
- Taylor Wessing has hired Lorraine Ufland as a partner for its real estate group. She joins from White & Case, where she was a partner.
- Olswang has appointed SJ Berwin public procurement associate Melanie Collier, who is a barrister, to head its public procurement practice.
- Cramer Pelmont Solicitors has boosted its company commercial department with the hire of associate Alexis Bilionis, who formerly worked at Paris Smith.
- Pinsent Masons has taken on Raymond Beven, formerly a partner at Ashurst, who will be joining as a partner in the transport team within the firm’s projects and international construction group.
- Anthony Gold has hired Margaret Hatwood for its London Bridge office as an associate in the family team. Hatwood joins from Thomas Eggar, where she was an associate.
- Macfarlanes has appointed Francis Bridgeman from Allen & Overy (A&O) and Barry Donnelly from Jones Day to strengthen its restructuring and litigation practices respectively. Bridegman was a consultant at A&O, while Donnelly was a partner at Jones Day.
- Attwaters’ personal injury department has been boosted by the arrival of associate Michelle Rutland from Chelmsford-based Hill & Abbott. Associate Colin Goldring will also be joining the same department after working for McKeowns in Stansted. Attwaters has also added to its conveyancing team with the hire of conveyancing paralegal Martin Didcock.
- National law firm Mills & Reeve has added Chris Belcher to its partnership. Belcher has joined the private client team in the firm’s Cambridge office from Farrer & Co, where he was a partner.
Midlands law firm MFG Solicitors has promoted property litigation expert Harjie Singh Bindra to partner two years after he joined the firm as an associate. MFG has also appointed Sarah Denney-Richards, who works in the firm’s agricultural and rural affairs division, to its partnership.
Manchester law firm Stripes Solicitors has hired Mark Lewis as its director of media and sport. Lewis joins from George Davies Solicitors, where he headed the firm’s dispute resolution team.
Mills & Reeve has promoted Niall Innes to its partnership in the Manchester insurance team.
Scottish law firm Miller Samuel has hired Philip Curle as partner and head of its commercial property practice. He joins from Harper Macleod, where he was a partner.
Gide Loyrette Nouel partner François d’Ornano has been appointed as head of the firm’s Budapest office. D’Ornano formerly headed the Belgrade office.
Linklaters has appointed Francisco Málaga as head of its Spanish litigation practice, based in Madrid. Málaga joins from Cuatrecasas, where he was a partner.
ASIA AND MIDDLE EAST
Yanwen Le has joined Nixon Peabody’s China practice as a partner in its Shanghai office. Le joins from Salans, where he was a partner.
Latham & Watkins has hired banking and Islamic finance associate Mark Morris, who has joined the firm’s Dubai office from Norton Rose, where he was an associate
- IP partner Jonathan Loeb has joined Dechert. Loeb, who will be resident in the firm’s Silicon Valley office, was most recently a partner at Howrey.
- Chadbourne & Parke has taken on Duane Valz as a counsel in its IP group. He previously worked in-house at Yahoo!.
- Nixon Peabody has added Lawrence Ceriello as a partner in its real estate and community development practice. Ceriello joins the firm from Dechert, where he was a partner.
- Hogan & Hartson has raided Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom for Robert Bennett and Carl Rauh, who will join as partners in the firm’s Washington DC office. Bennett and Rauh were both partners at Skadden.
- Holman Fenwick Willan has expanded its Australian capability with the recruitment of former Blake Dawson partner, Alex Baykitch, to head its new office in Sydney.