13 July 2009
29 September 2014
24 June 2014
15 September 2014
27 January 2014
11 November 2013
Former DLA Piper head of waste John Chandler (left) has moved to the London office of K&L Gates. He joins as a partner in the projects team.
Tony Griffiths, administrative partner for K&L Gates’ London office, said: “Climate change is very much on the agenda at the moment both in the UK and internationally, and the development of waste management infrastructure forms an integral part of European environmental strategy.”
- Niche City crime firm Hickman & Rose Solicitors has appointed Jenny Wiltshire as managing partner. She takes over form Jane Hickman, who stands down after 14 years in the role.
- Boodle Hatfield has hired James Ferguson as a partner in its family practice. He was previously a partner at Taylor Wessing.
- Manchester firm Stripes Solicitors has recruited Tony Winterburn as a consultant in the corporate team. He joins from JMW Solicitors, where he was head of commercial litigation.
- Cubism Law has hired consultant Gordon Peilow in its IP/IT practice. Peilow previously ran his own consultancy.
- Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer has appointed Danny Beeton as head of transfer pricing economics. He was previously a partner and head of transfer pricing at accountants Grant Thornton.
- City firm Bargate Murray has hired Philip Henson from Magrath Solicitors. He joins as a partner and head of employment law.
- Memery Crystal partner Daniel Bellau has left to join West End firm Hamlins as a partner in the corporate finance group.
- West London firm IBB has appointed Paul Kite as head of its commercial services group. Kite, who is also head of dispute resolution, takes over from David Clark.
- Brethertons Solicitors has appointed Mary Anderson as a commercial property partner. She was previously a partner at Clarke Willmott.
- Tunbridge Wells employment boutique Loch Associates has hired assistant solicitor Wendy Hayes from Ross & Craig Solicitors.
- Former Trethowans property partner Dominic Beeton and Rebecca Edwards, associate at Viva Law, have launched a new real estate firm, Beeton Edwards, in Southampton.
- Cornwall firm Follett Stock has recruited corporate assistant Jonathan Lea from Rosenblatt Solicitors.
- Harrison Clark has expanded its employment department by hiring assistant Richard Barker from Wolverhampton firm FBC Manby Bowdler Solicitors and paralegal Patricia Marleau from the legal department of Cirque du Soleil.
- Higgs & Sons Solicitors has boosted its corporate department with the hire of associate Jane Rudge from Wall James & Davies.
- Newastle firm Sintons Solicitors has taken on Matt Collen as a partner in the commercial group. He was previously a partner at Muckle.
- Stowe Family Law has appointed partner Robin Charrot as head of the firm’s Hale office, which is a year old this month.
- Real estate partner Mike Fitzgerald has joined the Edinburgh office of HBJ Gateley Wareing. He joins from Dundas & Wilson.
- Tods Murray has promoted Nigel Sievwright (capital markets), Agnes Mallon (private client) and Rod MacLeod (banking) to senior associate. The firm has also offered five of its 10 trainees qualified positions.
- Allen & Overy has boosted its Munich office by relocated partners Walter Uebelhoer (banking and finance), Jens Wagner (corporate) and three associates in the banking and finance group from Frankfurt.
- Beiten Burkhardt has hired Michael Hils as a tax partner in Nuremberg. Prior to this appointment he was an associate at SJ Berwin.
- Italian law firm NCTM Studio Legale Associato has named two lawyers in London – Matteo Gallanti, who specialises in banking and finance, and Mario Giambò, an M&A and corporate law specialist - as salaried partners in the latest round of promotions at the firm.
- Central and Eastern Europe firm Kinstellar has promoted three new partners. They are: Katalin Devald in the Budapest real estate department, Kristof Ferenczi in the Budapest energy group and Jitka Logesova in the Prague corporate department.
- DLA Piper has boosted its Milan office by hiring tax partner Antonio Tomassini and two associates from Sciumè Zaccheo & Associati. Tomassini was head of tax at his previous firm.
Asia and Middle east
Clifford Chance has hired dispute resolution partner Nish Shetty from domestic Singapore firm WongPartnership.
- CliffordChance partner George Schieren has moved to Gibson Dunn & Crutcher’s New York litigation practice.
- Kenneth Johnson, former chief patent counsel for Credit Suisse Securities (USA), has joined Chadbourne & Parke as counsel in the New York office.
- Maurice MacSweeney has moved to 2 Hare Court, the chambers of David Walters, as director of business development. He previously worked for recruitment company Robert Walters.
- Competition junior Kieron Beal has joined Blackstone Chambers from Matrix Chambers.
- No5 Chambers has taken on three new barristers in Birmingham. They are: David Howker QC from 2 Hare Court, Peter Tyers-Smith from St Johns Building and Kristina Brown from St Ives Chambers. Also joining in London is Gary Summers from 7 Bedford Row.