People moves: Round up
21 January 2008
25 November 2013
11 November 2013
20 May 2014
6 March 2014
10 October 2014
• CMS Cameron McKenna has hired Diane Gwynne as director of people and development, replacing HR consultant Barbara Capstick, who was interim head of the department. Gwynne joins from chartered surveyors and property consultants Gerald Eve. She previously worked for Sony Pictures Entertainment and Cazenove.
• Clifford Chance has promoted nine lawyers in Asia to consultant/counsel level: Passawan Navanithikul in banking and finance in Bangkok; Donna Wacker in litigation and dispute resolution in Hong Kong; Merrick White in banking and finance in Singapore; Leng-Fong Lai in capital markets in Tokyo. In corporate: Tim Wang has been promoted in Beijing; Matthias Feldmann, Terence Foo and Lina Lee in Hong Kong; and Steven Cao in Shanghai.
• Lovells has hired Faye Hankin as an associate in its pensions practice. Hankin was previously at Reynolds Porter Chamberlain. Francois Reyntens joins the corporate finance practice as an associate from Clifford Chance, while Paul Tonkin joins the real estate disputes team as an associate from Wragge & Co.
• Irwin Mitchell's Leeds-based commercial property team has hired associate Heather Roberts from Cobbetts in Leeds and assistant Jennifer Kirkhope from George Davies Solicitors in Manchester.
• Taylor Wessing has hired Jill Carey as an associate in the London real estate group from IBB Solicitors. Louise Walton joins as a professional support lawyer in the private client, tax and incentives group from the College of Law, where she was a lecturer. Katharine Tulloch joins as a professional support lawyer in the construction group from Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, where she worked until June 2007. Adam Mason joins as an associate in the commercial disputes group from Eversheds in Birmingham.
• DLA Piper has appointed Brett Stewien as a consultant in the corporate group in Hong Kong.
• Lester Aldridge has hired five staff. Rayner Jones joins the employment team as partner from Baines Wilson. Mark Rollé joins as head of human resources from New Look. Juanita Low joins as an assistant in contentious commercial shipping after qualifying in English law, England and Wales, in 2007. She previously worked as a senior associate in Tan Peng Chin in Singapore. Emily McCulloch joins the marine team as an assistant from White & Bowker. Anniina Davie joins as an assistant in the corporate team from Humphries Kirk.
• Manches has promoted eight assistants to the partnership. In property, Alison Lewis, Rajan Shori and Yasmin Uddin were made up; in family, Nicola Hay and Liz Saunders; in technology, media and IP, Jonathan Day; in corporate, Rob Hayes; and in employment, Maxine Cox.
• Howard Kennedy has taken on partner Christine Hereward as head of planning from Westminster City Council.
• Barlow Lyde & Gilbert has hired competition specialist Sheila Tormey as an associate to its competition team from the Office of Fair Trading.
• Scottish firm McClure Naismith has made up three partners: Glasgow-based commercial litigation specialist Graham Craik in the litigation and dispute resolution unit; Edinburgh-based property finance specialist Paul Kenneth in the banking unit; and Edinburgh-based Euan Mitchell in the projects team.
• Barrister Stephen Bate of 5 Raymond Buildings has joined the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (Cedr) Solve direct mediator panel.
• Bristows' regulatory practice has hired senior associate Sarah Faircliffe from the European Medicines Agency, where she was a legal adviser.
• Dickinson Cruickshank has hired barrister Charles Davies as a senior associate in its dispute resolution department from Stone Chambers.
• Mishcon de Reya has hired Lisa Hommel as a practice development lawyer in the litigation group from Lawrence Graham where she was a professional support lawyer. Claudia Gorman joins as an assistant in the corporate team from Macfarlanes.
• Shipping and insurance dispute resolution boutique Bentleys Stokes and Lowless has hired Geraint Powell as an assistant. He joins from Holman Fenwick & Willan.
• Milton Keynes-based Kimbells has hired Andrew Davidson as head of the employment team from Bevan Brittan in Birmingham. Riaz Bowmer also joins as a partner to head the commercial, IT and IP team from Matthew Arnold & Baldwin.