People moves: Round up
14 January 2008
29 April 2013
7 November 2013
30 July 2013
11 November 2013
22 April 2013
- Dickinson Dees' York office has hired Steven Berry as a retail property specialist in its commercial property department from Andrew M Jackson, where he was a salaried partner. Alistair Scott-Somers joins the corporate team as an associate from Premier Farnell where he was in-house counsel.
- Speechly Bircham has made three hires for its construction and engineering practice. Ian Reid joins as a partner from Kennedys, assistant Michael O'Connor also joins from Kennedys and assistant Fiona Edmond joins from Watson Burton.
- Field Fisher Waterhouse in Hamburg has recruited Mona Bandehzadeh from DLA Piper. She joins the IP, media and corporate department as a senior associate. Senior associates Philipp Stricharz from Schwemer Titz Tötter and Victor-Alexander Martins Kuenzel from Zenk join the Hamburg real estate practice, while associate Oliver Sawyerr joins corporate finance from Pöllath & Partner.
- Linklaters has hired Francisco Ferraz de Carvalho as counsel in its Lisbon banking and project finance practice from Sérvulo Correia, where he was partner and head of finance and project finance. He joins with his team of three associates.
- Public and international law junior Jonathan Glasson has moved to Matrix Chambers from Doughty Street Chambers.
- Halliwells has hired Joe Johnson as an associate in its London corporate practice. She joins from Blake Lapthorn Tarlo Lyons.
- Offshore firm Ogier has recruited managing associate Simon Dinning. He joins the firm's British Virgin Islands practice in London from Harney Westwood & Riegels.
- The Black Solicitors Network (BSN) named Tyco's Europe, Middle East and Africa (Emea) general counsel Trevor Faure outstanding solicitor of the year during the network's annual awards. Simmons & Simmons trainee Kimberley Rivers-Newman was named promising young lawyer. Colin Bobb-Semple, a senior lecturer at the Inns of Court School of Law was awarded the BSN's lifetime achievement award.
- Harbottle & Lewis has hired Lee Greaves as an assistant in its property group. He joins from Vizards Tweedie.
- Thring Townsend Lee & Pembertons has hired Karen Jones as a consultant in its agriculture team from the Country Land & Business Association where she was chief legal adviser.
- North East firm Gordons has hired 11 assistants. Lyndsay Bailey from Walker Morris, Mark Blackburn from York City Council, Geraint Pinches from Nabarro in Sheffield, Sarah Sarwar from Bradshaws Hamer Park & Haworth, Ambreen Ahmed from Williams & Co, Duncan Brockay from Praxis Partners and Ruth Harrison from Berrymans Lace Mawer. Frances McGhee, Simon Glazebrook, Noel Scanlon and Sophie Basso also join after completing their training contracts at Gordons.
- DLA Piper has hired Anja Dekhuijzen as a partner in its technology, media and commercial practice group in Amsterdam from Dutch firm Van Doorne.
- Australian firm Minter Ellison has promoted Sonia Ng, James Yeung and Edward McMullen to senior associate level in its Hong Kong construction practice.
- Emma Slessenger has been appointed to the Law Society's electronic conveyancing taskforce. She is a professional support lawyer counsel in Allen & Overy's real estate department.
- Ledingham Chalmers has recruited five lawyers. Carole Ferguson joins as an associate from Berrymans Lace Mawer. Rebecca Walker joins as an assistant, having requalified as an English solicitor after working at Morgan Coakle in Auckland. Linda Tinson joins as an assistant after leaving Blackadders Solicitors in July 2007. Nigerian barrister Nonyem Izuako joins as an assistant after completing an LLM at Aberdeen University, having worked in-house with Bond Bank in Nigeria. English barrister Anil Jutagir joins as an assistant, having last worked in a consultancy role with Pollonais Blanc de la Bastide & Jacelon in Trinidad.
- Neil Gouldson has been appointed as a partner at JST Lawyers' employment department.
- Licensed trade specialist firm Poppleston Allen has hired assistant Piers Warne from Joelson Wilson for its licensing practice.
- Wedlake Bell has hired Malcolm Macfarlane as a partner in its property team from Rosling King, where he was a partner. David Carr also joins Wedlake's property team as a full-time consultant from Pitmans, where he was a partner.
- South East firm Furley Page has hired Susan Jennings to head the corporate team at its new Thames Gateway office at Chatham. She joins the firm from Vizards Wyeth Solicitors.
- Sintons has recruited senior associate Gavin Winter into its commercial team from Hay & Kilner.
- Assistant Lee May has joined Vertex Law's public sector and planning team in Kings Hill from Dover District Council.