Paul Gostelow is a chartered accountant and holds a law degree from Birmingham University. Having worked for many years for members of the ‘Big Four’ audit and accountancy firms mainly in Eastern Europe and Italy, Gostelow is a highly experienced financial manager with a proven track record of success within the manufacturing, B2B, IT, telecommunications, entertainment, commercial and not-for-profit market sectors.
Gostelow has lived and worked in Malta for many years — advising UK and international individuals, as well as existing and start-up companies, in appropriate asset, corporate and tax-efficient structuring.
His services include:
- Financial management
- Outsourced book keeping and payroll
- Implementation of s302 and s404 Sarbanes-Oxley compliance in Europe for quoted companies
- Documentation of processes, flowcharting, identification and testing of key controls, remediation of control weaknesses, reporting and documenting conclusions and embedding compliance as business as usual
- Internal audit projects
- Consolidation and other accounting services
- Establishing credit control procedures
- Fraud risk assessments and remediation
- ISO 9001 projects
He is also completing an examination to become a certified fraud examiner.
Legal and organisational memberships:
- Bar Council of England and Wales since 2002
- Chamber of Advocates, Malta
- American Bar Association, associate member since 2001
- Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Malta Maritime Lawyers Association
- Nautical Institute
- Maltese Association for European Law Studies
- International Bar Association
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
Briefings from Acumum
It is expected that the new Russia-Malta Tax Treaty will be in force much quicker than its predecessor.
Aviation, highlighted by the Maltese Government as a growth industry is actively encouraged with the provision of very attractive fiscal benefits.