On the move
14 September 2009
30 October 2013
24 July 2013
14 January 2013
3 June 2013
14 March 2013
Ropes & Gray has poached Linklaters head of investment management in Asia. Michael Guilday, who was counsel at Linklaters, joins the firm as a partner in Hong Kong.
MOVE OF THE WEEK
He was appointed head of investment management at Linklaters in 2007, taking over from Graham Turl, who left to join Blackrock in Hong Kong.
- New Jersey firm Riker Danzig Scherer Hyland & Perretti has boosted its London affiliate office with the hire of insurance partner Neil Lindsay Ellis and counsel Andrew Schutte from Steptoe & Johnson.
- Rosenblatt Solicitors has taken on tax associate Connor Brindley from Linklaters.
- Miller Rosenfalck has appointed Ian Baker as a commercial partner in London. He joins from Sherrards Solicitors.
- Chadbourne & Parke has hired Alper Deniz as a partner in the London restructuring group. Prior to joining Chadbourne, Deniz had been a partner in the finance and restructuring group of Paul Hastings Janofsky & Walker in London.
- Anthony Gold has recruited Margaret Hatwood to its London Bridge office as an associate in the family team. She joins from Thomas Eggar.
- Healys has expanded in London bytaking on family partner Naim Qureshi from Knightsbridge-based Child & Child. Also joining the family team in Brighton are assistant Catherine Taylor and legal executive Kathryn Sawyer from Gaby Hardwicke.
- Macfarlanes has appointed partners Francis Bridgeman from Allen & Overy and Barry Donnelly from Jones Day to strengthen its restructuring and litigation practices respectively. Both were partners at their previous firms.
- The former director of the commercial banking arm of RBS in Derby, Phil Bloxham, has joined the senior management team of Midlands law firm Challinors in the newly created role of development director.
- Staffordshire law firm Ansons has added litigator Valerie Hellemink to its growing dispute resolution department. She has come from an
- in-house position at Tarmac.
- Scottish firm Miller Samuel has taken on Philip Curle as a partner and head of its commercial property practice. He joins from Harper Macleod, where he was a partner.
- Italian firm Legance Studio Legale Associato has taken on Cecilia Carrara as a senior counsel. She joins from Studio Legale Macchi di Cellere Gangemi.
- Roschier has boosted its Stockholm office by hiring Magnus Wallander from Mannheimer Swartling. He joins as an M&A partner.
- Linklaters has hired Federica Barbero as a managing associate and head of the employment practice in Italy. She joins from Bonelli Erede Pappalardo in Milan, where she was an associate.
ASIA AND MIDDLE
- Herbert Smith has moved arbitration partner Justin D’Agostino from London to Hong Kong. It has also hired Patrick Zheng as a senior consultant from the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission.
- Philip Hoser has joined Jones Day as a partner in Sydney. He moves from Australian law firm Freehills, where he was a commercial litigation partner and headed up the restructuring and insolvency practice.
Antitrust partner Bernard Nigro has returned to the Washington office of Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson. He was a partner there between 1999 and 2003 but was most recently a partner at Willkie Farr & Gallagher.
Dickstein Shapiro has expanded in Los Angeles with the hire of IP partners Lawrence LaPorte, David Randall and Michael Tomasulo from Jones Day.
Irish firm Matheson Ormsby Prentice has moved senior associate Pat English to its New York office, where he will act as resident counsel.
Corporate associate Craig Fulton has been appointed as head of Conyers Dill & Pearman’s recently opened office in Mauritius.