On the move
7 September 2009
Walker Morris has hired regulatory consultant Peter Atkinson from the Leeds office of Pinsent Masons, where he was a partner.
Move of the Week
- Walker Morris has hired regulatory consultant Peter Atkinson from the Leeds office of Pinsent Masons, where he was a partner.
- Weil Gotshal & Manges has hired Allen & Overy tax partner Brenda Coleman. She joins as a tax partner in the London office.
- Ince & Co has recruited associate David Grantham for its insurance group. David joins the firm from Allen & Overy, where he was a senior associate in the insurance group.
- Anthony Gold Solicitors has promoted Stephanie Prior to partner in the personal injury group. She joined the firm in February.
- Niall Boland has joined Cramer Pelmont Solicitors as a real estate consultant in the firm’s Cavendish Square office. He previously worked for CMS Cameron McKenna.
- Davies Arnold Cooper has taken on John Malins as a partner in the construction group. Prior to this he was an associate at Barlow Lyde & Gilbert.
- DMH Stallard has promoted two to partner: Julie Jones in the Gatwick employment practice and Kate Henning in the Brighton real estate team.
- Hertfordshire-based SA Law has taken on litigation associate Simon Walsh from Faegre & Benson and corporate consultant Michael Webster of K&L Gates.
- Eric Robinson Solicitors has offered permanent contracts to trainees Natalie Jacobs and Stacey Cole. They join the family law and wills and probate practices respectively.
- Brethertons Solicitors has boosted its corporate team with the hire of consultant Jitendra Patel, who joins from Harvey Ingram.
- Coventry and Warwickshire firm Alsters Kelley has taken on two new property consultants. Ian Burr and Dawn Short join from Ollerenshaw Solicitors.
- Real estate partner Kathy Toon has been appointed head of Clarke Willmott’s Birmingham office. The firm has also promoted James Hall to associate in the private client team.
- Taylor Walton Solicitors has promoted Sam De Silva in technology and outsourcing and Patrick Green in private client to partners.
- Cheshire firm SAS Daniels has made a double partner hire from Slater Heelis Collier Littler. Corporate and commercial lawyer Jeremy Orrell and employment specialist Louise Tobin bring three assistants with them.
- Manchester firm Ralli Solicitors has appointed David Potts as head of business litigation . He joins from Staffordshire-based Hacking Ashton, where he was head of dispute litigation.
- Yorkshire firm Rollits has promoted commercial property lawyer Chris Crystal and IP lawyer Andrew Digwood to associate level.
- Hempsons has relocated commercial consultant Sean Caldwell from its Harrogate office to Manchester. He joined the firm three months ago from Eversheds.
- Forbes Solicitors has promoted criminal lawyer David Ryan to associate level. He was also recently appointed a Higher Court Advocate.
- Cobbetts commercial partner Mark Fitzgibbon has been seconded to pro.manchester as niche markets project manager. Pro.manchester is a corporate membership organisation for Manchester professionals.
- April Bradbury has become a licensed conveyancer at Liverpool firm Morecrofts Solicitors.
- Joakim Edoff has been appointed as a partner and CEO of Swedish firm Setterwalls. He was previously a knowledge manager at the firm.
- Carl-Henrik Wallin will take over as Nordic firm Hannes Snellman’s managing partner this month. He succeeds Johan Aalto, who becomes senior partner.
- DLA Piper has expanded its Amsterdam office with the recruitment of transfer pricing experts Agata Ueeda and Frank Schwarte as economists. They join from accountancy firm KPMG.
- Finnish firm Roschier has appointed Axel Calissendorff as managing partner. He takes over from Tomas Lindholm.
- Austrian firm Schoenherr has promoted Ursula Rath to partner in its banking and capital markets practice group.
ASIA AND MIDDLE EAST
- DLA Piper has launched a government relations practice in the Middle East with the hire of Maher Ghanma. Ghanma joins as a director and previously worked as a consultant in the region.
- Stuart Strauss and Richard Horowitz have joined Dechert as partners in the New York financial services group. Both were previously partners at Clifford Chance.
- Yasuhiro Saito has joined Carter Ledyard & Milburn as a litigation partner. He was previously counsel at Hughes Hubbard & Reed.
- Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe partner Tom Tobiason has moved from Silicon Valley to the firm’s Shanghai office, where he will lead Orrick’s Asia emerging companies practice.
- K&L Gates has hired Vincent Pisano as a corporate partner in the firm’s New York office. He joins from Paul Hastings Janofsky & Walker.
- Dewey & LeBoeuf has recruited Jane Ross and John Brockland as partners in the firm’s Silicon Valley office. They were previously partners at Cooley Godward Kronish.
- Ogier has appointed Gareth Thomas as managing director of Ogier Fiduciary Services. He joins after seven years at Codan Trust Company, where he was general manager.
- Matthew Richardson has joined Exchange Chambers as a common law pupil. The set has also completed recruiting for its 2010 pupils: Ian Tucker will join as a commercial pupil and Lee Speakman as a common law pupil.