I joined The Lawyer as a features reporter in February 2012 and now sit on the news desk. Although my remit covers the entire market I currently focus on stories and analysis of US firms and am also responsible for our weekly in-house newsletter and several slots in the print edition, including The Lawyer Management and Work Life Quiz. Since joining The Lawyer I have profiled in-house legal teams at household names including Google, Facebook and Twitter. I'm interested in hearing about US firm gossip, in-house matters, moves and deals. I tweet as @Thelawyerlucy.
- 020 7970 4722
Allen & Overy (A&O) is free from allegations of witness interference after the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) called off the prosecution of businessman Victor Dahdaleh, partly blaming the collapse of the case on two US-based Akin Gump partners who were unwilling to attend court.
Legacy Herbert Smith partners will abandon the firms rigid eight-year lockstep in favour of a merit-based pay system following the October 2012 merger with legacy Freehills, the firm said this morning.
Louise Field has been head of client service and insight at Bird & Bird since 2009. She has previously worked for Ernst & Young and RBS.
- American Express appoints interim GC amid internal reshuffle
- Taylor Wessing latest to post double-digit rise at half-year
- A&O set to bolster Apax links as partners vote on Stephen Lloyd hire
- Bird & Bird projects 5 per cent revenue rise at half-year
- HSF partners face imminent vote on pay structure
- Herbert Smith Freehills: Remuneration deliberation
- CMS Cameron McKenna makes head of energy first female senior partner
- Work Life Quiz: Karen Howard, RPC
- Work-life balance of power
- US firms in London muscle in on magic circle rates with 87.5 per cent fee hike
- Siemens' top lawyer resigns as management board cuts GC role
- Peters & Peters and BCL Burton Copeland stand by for Saatchi, Lawson showdown
- American Express GC to join Cleary after two decades in role
- Orrick and Pillsbury kill $1.4bn mega-merger plan
- Magic circle hourly rates hit all-time high of £850
- Half-year turnover up 12 per cent at Watson Farley
- A&O boosts flexible working push with freelance initiative for alumni