I joined The Lawyer as a features reporter in February 2012 and now sit on the news desk. Although my remit covers the entire market I currently focus on stories and analysis of US firms and am also responsible for our weekly in-house newsletter and several slots in the print edition, including The Lawyer Management and Work Life Quiz. Since joining The Lawyer I have profiled in-house legal teams at household names including Google, Facebook and Twitter. I'm interested in hearing about US firm gossip, in-house matters, moves and deals. I tweet as @Thelawyerlucy.
- 020 7970 4722
Budget fashion retailer Primark has turned to Allen & Overy (A&O) and DLA Piper for advice on its first launch into the US following a 26 per cent rise in the chain’s profits.
Herbert Smith Freehills (HSF) has added 23 associates to its partnership, with almost half of those made up based in London.
SmithDehn opens in NI after course launch with HBO subscription
Iz you opening an office in Northern Ireland? In the unlikely event that Sacha Baron Cohen’s satirical character Ali G should pose that question to his legal adviser SmithDehn, the answer would now be yes
- Film and TV US firm SmithDehn opens up in Northern Ireland after HBO media course launch
- Simpson Thacher loses corporate partner as Kirkland launches in Houston
- Freshfields and Links partners among 500 lawyers drafted in on GSK JV with Novartis
- Revenues set to rise 5 per cent across UK top 20 in 2013/14 despite "unexceptional" year
- Brown Rudnick pulls half of first-year associate offers as London set to expand
- Hogan Lovells leadership rejig leads to new board role for under 45s
- eBay’s associate GC launches start-up subscription
- Irwin Mitchell makes first strategic move since securing £60m funding with Cambridge launch
- DWF hires Pinsents financial institutions head for CEO role
- Top international firms in London: American pie and chips
- A taste of the pace at Yum! subscription
- Africa’s in-housers lead the way in market development subscription
- Diversity fails to pay off at the top as US firms in London dominated by male partners
- Public enterprise: local authorities vs FTSE 100 subscription
- Cambridgeshire legal team latest authority to eye ABS spin-off
- All work and some pay: WilmerHale and its 38 per cent intern London office
- BLP loses three in a week as Oddy quits for Latham