I joined The Lawyer as a features reporter in February 2012 and now sit on the news desk. Although my remit covers the entire market I currently focus on stories and analysis of US firms and am also responsible for our weekly in-house newsletter and several slots in the print edition, including The Lawyer Management and Work Life Quiz. Since joining The Lawyer I have profiled in-house legal teams at household names including Google, Facebook and Twitter. I'm interested in hearing about US firm gossip, in-house matters, moves and deals. I tweet as @LucyMBurton.
- 020 7970 4722
The Bar Standards Board (BSB) has requested that Westminster School change the name of its mini-pupillage auction to work experience amid controversy over the sale of a work placement.
US-firm Edwards Wildman is to open an office in Istanbul through an association with Turkish M&A firm Ismen, months after the two firms worked together on a £36m deal.
Exeter-headquartered Michelmores is to pay all lawyers and staff a bonus equivalent to 3 per cent of their individual salaries after posting a 15 per cent rise in turnover to £22.3m during the last financial year.
- Top private school summoned by BSB over pupillage auction
- Exclusive: Legacy Herbert Smith issues £20m cash call to equity partners
- The known unknowns
- Money key attraction for UK associates moving to US firms, The Lawyer survey reveals
- Clifford Chance and Simpson Thacher share KKR job on UK water buy
- Lend Lease legal chief parts company with construction giant
- Collyer Bristow supports its support staff