"I am responsible for coordinating all The Lawyer's coverage of Asia Pacific, including international firms' practices there, key developments of the region's leading independent firms and in-house departments based in Asia. As a native Mandarin-speaking journalist who grew up in China, I have a particular interest in, and strong connections with, the Greater China markets, but am also fascinated by the fast-evolving and highly-dynamic region as a whole. I also have sound knowledge of Australia, where I received my bachelor's degree in media and later worked as a legal journalist. I joined The Lawyer in September 2011, after spending over five years at a well-known Asia-focused legal publication, with three of these years as China editor. I tweet as @TheLawyerAsia."
- 020 7970 4756
Four solicitors in Hong Kong, including Allen & Overy’s (A&O) litigation consultant Kevin Kee, have been granted higher rights of audience by way of assessment.
Allen & Overy has hired a second partner from Ashurst, Karan Dinamani, to boost its private equity practice, following the recent appointment of Stephen Lloyd as private equity sector group co-head.
Singaporean firm Rajah & Tann has taken a team of 14 lawyers from US firm Hunton & Williams’ Bangkok office.
- Asia moves: 4 March
- Can Herbies succeed in Singapore without the QFLP?
- Singapore renews five QFLP licences as Herbert Smith Freehills opts out
- Curtis enters Beijing targeting international trade
- Nishimura & Asahi expands China presence to Shanghai
- Alliance after alliance: Bird & Bird stakes all on getting Asia right
- Bird & Bird launches in Korea via local alliance
- Allen & Gledhill launches in Myanmar
- Clifford Chance and Skadden advise as Shell sells Australian business to Vitol
- Dechert looks to open in Singapore with OMM lateral hire
- A&O and Norton Rose Fulbright line up for successful Singapore licence renewal
- In-house interview: Network experience – Fred Linker at Ciena
- EY taps into Chinese legal market through acquisition of Shanghai firm
- Legacy King & Wood founding partner joins domestic rival
- Rajah & Tann and RHTLaw Taylor Wessing move into Vietnam with local alliances
- Baker & McKenzie opens in Myanmar
- DLA Piper’s Asia leadership question