"I am responsible for coordinating all The Lawyer's coverage of Asia Pacific, including international firms' practices there, key developments of the region's leading independent firms and in-house departments based in Asia. As a native Mandarin-speaking journalist who grew up in China, I have a particular interest in, and strong connections with, the Greater China markets, but am also fascinated by the fast-evolving and highly-dynamic region as a whole. I also have sound knowledge of Australia, where I received my bachelor's degree in media and later worked as a legal journalist. I joined The Lawyer in September 2011, after spending over five years at a well-known Asia-focused legal publication, with three of these years as China editor. I tweet as @TheLawyerAsia."
- 020 7970 4756
Beijing-based Haiwen & Partners, the first and only top-tier Chinese firm to adopt a Western-style pure lockstep, has decided to move away from this model after six years.
Singaporean firm Rajah & Tann has launched a new service to provide experienced lawyers to companies that need in-house counsel on short-term contracts and project-specific work.
The dramatic split up of India’s largest firm Amarchand & Mangaldas & Suresh A Shroff & Co has created two separate firms led by two brothers - Cyril and Shardul Shroff.
- Simpson Thatcher and Fangda advise Alibaba on $6.9bn strategic deal with Suning subscription
- White & Case becomes latest international firm to launch in South Korea subscription
- DLA Piper adds another Australian partner as corporate push continues subscription
- Kirkland Beijing co-founding partner moves to Orrick subscription
- Chinese elite firm Jun He experiments with new remuneration system subscription
- Holman Fenwick Willan PEP slips by 9 per cent to £496k subscription
- Asia moves: 3 August 2015 subscription
- KWM’s Fuller: “No more mergers for now, our focus is on integration” subscription
- MoFo takes litigation team from Winston & Strawn in Hong Kong subscription
- Fenwick & West adds team of three in Shanghai subscription
- Asia moves: 20 July subscription
- HFW hires HSF partner for Indonesia launch subscription
- Asia moves: 13 July 2015 subscription
- Chadbourne & Parke closes Beijing office subscription
- Harneys opens third Asia office in Tokyo subscription
- Mayer Brown links up with Chinese firm Jingtian & Gongcheng subscription
- Exclusive: Mayer Brown to ally with Chinese firm Jingtian & Gongcheng subscription