"I am responsible for coordinating all The Lawyer's coverage of Asia Pacific, including international firms' practices there, key developments of the region's leading independent firms and in-house departments based in Asia. As a native Mandarin-speaking journalist who grew up in China, I have a particular interest in, and strong connections with, the Greater China markets, but am also fascinated by the fast-evolving and highly-dynamic region as a whole. I also have sound knowledge of Australia, where I received my bachelor's degree in media and later worked as a legal journalist. I joined The Lawyer in September 2011, after spending over five years at a well-known Asia-focused legal publication, with three of these years as China editor. I tweet as @TheLawyerAsia."
- 020 7970 4756
The number of foreign firms in mainland China has dropped for the first time since the country opened its door to non-domestic firms in the early 1990s.
King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) has rejigged its practice areas as part of a major Chinese shake-up following its partner conference in Shanghai this month.
China Elite 2015: the executive summary subscription
For the first time, Chinese firms can be ranked by revenue, and one thing is clear, most of the elite Chinese firms have enjoyed stellar growth in the past year. How?
- China's top 30 firms post strong growth in first ever financial report subscription
- In-house interview: Xu Yao, international general counsel, Fosun Group
- Hogan Lovells ends three-year Indonesia association but plots next move subscription
- Zhong Lun confirms independent international strategy subscription
- China's third largest firm Zhong Lun adopts new international strategy subscription
- Alston & Bird opens first Asia office in Beijing subscription
- Japanese firm pioneers alliance with Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi subscription
- Allen & Overy follows foreign rivals into South Korea subscription
- Reed Smith adds three partners in Asia and mulls Singapore local law move subscription
- Baker Botts takes China energy trio from Jones Day subscription
- Beijing firm Han Kun raids AllBright for Shanghai expansion subscription
- Litigation boutique Kobre & Kim launches in Seoul subscription
- Bird & Bird adds Asia employment partner in London subscription
- Chinese elite firm Haiwen turns away from pure lockstep subscription
- Rajah & Tann launches contract lawyer service amid part-time work boom in Singapore subscription
- The tale of two Amarchands: breaking the family business mould subscription
- Simpson Thatcher and Fangda advise Alibaba on $6.9bn strategic deal with Suning subscription