- 020 7970 4529
Slaughter and May corporate partner David Wittmann is to become the firm’s practice partner on 1 January 2015.
In his 14 years at the helm of Weil Gotshal & Manges’ London office, Mike Francies has overseen a wealth of change, watching the office transform from a private equity and structured finance focused outfit into a broader beast.
Fried Frank Harris Shriver & Jacobson has made its second major hire in a week, appointing Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe’s London tax chief Nick Thornton.
- Jones Day and DLA Piper pop up on latest tax inversion deal subscription
- Young guns go for it at Kirkland
- This week’s top 15 legal briefings - 19 October 2014 subscription
- Travers Smith and Clifford Chance drafted in on administration of London Mining
- King & Wood Mallesons to ditch SJ Berwin name to mark first anniversary of merger
- Freshfields tops the rankings for main market IPOs in 2014 subscription
- White & Case makes up five new partners in London as part of 37-strong global promos round
- Kirkland’s London chief White quits to head up Fried Frank’s City base
- Not good friends: Fieldfisher and former privacy chief Ustaran settle dispute over 18-month notice period
- Freshfields and Linklaters dominate the 2014 IPO market
- Banking and finance: The advice squad
- Wonga looks to Slaughters for advice on FCA deal subscription
- Edwards Wildman exodus continues as IP partner Goodger quits for Osborne Clarke
- This week’s top 15 legal briefings subscription
- Magic circle firms lose ground in brand rankings to Norton Rose Fulbright and DLA Piper
- Linklaters revs up for Carlyle on RAC stake sale subscription
- Linklaters trumps Clifford Chance to advise Carlyle on RAC sale