Planning and environment
The expertise of our Planning & Environment team extends to advising on all areas of planning and environmental law, regulation and policy. The team works closely with clients on their plans for the development and use of land and buildings and has significant experience on advising them on the application of, for example, sustainable development principles and the implications of emerging regulations on energy use and carbon trading.
With a broad and wide-ranging client base, the team advises building contractors, developers, investors, owner occupiers and banks, as well as public and regulatory authorities.
Areas of expertise
- Climate-change adaptation strategies
- Compulsory purchase and land compensation claims
- CRC energy-efficiency scheme
- Environmental impact assessments
- Environmental protection and regulation
- Health and safety and regulatory compliance and enforcement
- Listed buildings and conservation area redevelopment
- PFI/PPP planning and environment concerns
- Planning and highways agreements
- Urban development and major infrastructure planning
For more information on planning and environment click here.
News from Taylor Wessing
Briefings from Taylor Wessing
New rules will apply to most businesses selling to consumers in the EU, including to those selling online from outside the EU, from no later than 13 June 2014.
Last year — 2013 — was a considerably less eventful year for German gambling law than 2012, which saw significant reforms within the industry.
Analysis from The Lawyer
The city-state is working hard to become a global wealth management hub, and law firms are gearing up for a prosperous new world
Financial disputes are starting to dominate the English courts as the long-awaited fallout from the downturn finally comes to town