IP, commercial, communication and technology
We advise on the legal and regulatory aspects of the intellectual property (IP), commercial, communication and technology sectors in which our clients operate.
We have in-depth experience in managing larger-scale projects such as assisting in negotiations or setting up the contractual framework of commercial ventures. We also strive to assist our clients with ad-hoc advice and single contract reviews.
Our experience includes:
- Intellectual property — advice on and dispute resolution in all IP rights, trademarks, patents, designs and copyrights and domain names
- Franchising, licensing and distribution
- Communications’ regulatory
- Broadcasting and digital distribution
- Technology — outsourcing, transactions and dispute resolution
- Software licensing and development
- IP, IT and commercial law aspects of mergers and acquisitions transactions
- E-commerce and distance contracts
- Commercial agreements and general terms
- Privacy and data protection
- Consumer law issues
- Unfair competition
- Product regulation and dispute resolution (pharmaceutical industry, foodstuffs and so on)
Our practice area handles dispute resolution matters in close collaboration with the Dispute Resolution team.
For more information on IP, commercial, communication and technology click here.
News from Arendt & Medernach
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Arendt & Medernach
Choosing the domicile of an investment fund is not an easy task. A fund promoter has to consider the available vehicles, investment strategies and the reputation of the domicile.
The AIFMD is the outcome of a G20 consensus for closer regulatory oversight of systemic risks emanating from certain players and activiries in the alternative investment funds sector.