Food and drink
We have extensive experience in food and agriculture policy. Our client base spans the full agri-food supply chain, from primary producers to suppliers of input and from food manufacturers to food retailers and consumer groups.
We have worked with EU and national food law, as well as international food law including the World Trade Organization (WTO) and Codex Alimentarius. We have also dealt with main institutions of the European Union and WTO on issues concerning market access and regional trade agreements, as well as with issues such as TRIPs, SPS and TBT.
We have worked with and against governments and regulatory authorities. On the domestic side, we have worked on the common organisations of market, product authorisations, pesticide use, packaging and labelling.
- General food law
- Food composition
- Additives in foodstuffs
- Labelling of foodstuffs
- Novel foods
- Genetically modified organisms
- Pesticide residues
- Health and nutritional claims
- Materials in contact with foodstuffs
- Food safety and food safety policy
Intellectual property rights
- Geographical indications
- Indications of source and origin on foodstuffs
- Traditional knowledge
- Trademarks and copyright
- The common organisations of European Community agricultural markets
- Market access and the protection of markets
- Exports and imports
- The use of agrochemicals on plants and chemical residues
- Organic farming
- Plant health
- The authorisation of agrochemicals/active ingredients
- Compliance verifications of materials in contact with foodstuffs
- The free movement of agrochemicals and non-authorised products
- The use of agrochemicals according to government and private standards
Food production management
- Traceability of foodstuffs
- Quality policy and quality claims on foodstuffs
- Hygiene and HACCP
- Product withdrawals and crisis issues
- Advice and litigation in European Community courts
International and WTO law
- Sanitary and phytosanitary measures
- Government regulation and WTO compliance
- Market access
- WTO dispute settlement
- WTO accession negotiations and SPS harmonisation
- Customs classification issues
- Export refunds/subsidies
- International and national contract
- Company and association law
- Mergers and acquisitions and competition
- State aids
For more information on food and drink click here.
This material was sourced from the NCTM website.
News from NCTM
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from NCTM
The Court of Turin has pronounced its appeal decision within the interim proceedings brought by Delta TV Programs against Google and Youtube for the infringement of its IP rights.
Coty Germany filed a claim before the first-instance German court against First Note for infringement of its Community tri-dimensional trademark.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Being sent to London on secondment is a prized opportunity for associates in European firms