We assist our clients as they operate, regulate and grow their businesses, helping them to manage their existing commercial relationships, form alliances and expand into new markets.
We are involved with virtually all aspects of business relations and, in particular, deal with negotiation, drafting and advice on a wide variety of commercial contracts, both domestic and international. These include advising clients on manufacturing, distribution and agency issues, outsourcing, PFI/PPP, partnering arrangements and regulatory matters.
Our commercial team, with over 20 partners and 100 lawyers worldwide, advises companies of all sizes, from domestic businesses to large multinationals worldwide. We provide advice across a wide range of industry sectors including defence, transport, IT, consumer products, financial markets, sports and retail finance.
For more information on commercial click here.
Our commercial team has considerable expertise advising on:
- the establishment of distribution, agency and dealership networks internationally
- manufacturing, supply and distribution issues including material supply, manufacturing under exclusive and selective licensing agreements, trademark licensing agreements, exporting trademarks and sponsorship arrangements
- major projects and PFI/PPP projects including partnering and project development arrangements, public procurement, contracting arrangements and SUMF contracts (services, utilities, maintenance and facilities management)
- the formation of SPVs (Special Purpose Vehicles) and related management, shareholder and concession issues
- tolling contracts and logistics support arrangements
- business outsourcing contracts, risk and benefits sharing, combined with performance and incentive regimes
- specialist regulatory areas such as food law, labelling, product liability, product safety (including product recalls), sales promotion, and consumer credit
- betting (including Internet betting), gaming and lotteries, and the drafting and preparation of rules for sporting associations.
News from Simmons & Simmons
News from The Lawyer
Analysis from The Lawyer
The private equity funds market in London has been raided and invaded by US firms of late, so what has been the impact?
The widely criticised Legal Education and Training Review is in its final stages. Opinion is divided on whether it will achieve its objectives