- Employment (95)
- Company/Commercial (65)
- Litigation / Dispute Resolution (62)
- Pensions (62)
- Real Estate (57)
- Regulatory and compliance (44)
- Corporate (39)
- Banking / Finance (35)
- Funds (35)
- Tax (35)
- Financial services (32)
- Information Technology (27)
- Planning (19)
- Construction (18)
- Intellectual Property (17)
- Public Sector/Local Authority (17)
- PPP/PFI/Commercial projects (16)
- Competition/EU (15)
- Environment (15)
- Energy (14)
- Transport (Including aviation and shipping) (11)
- Crime (9)
- Insolvency & restructuring (9)
- Media/Entertainment/Sport (8)
- Business Tax (6)
- Commodities (6)
- Human Rights (5)
- Healthcare (4)
- Personal tax / Trusts (4)
- Privacy and reputation (3)
- Charities (2)
- Agriculture (1)
- Clinical/Medical Negligence (1)
- Family (1)
- Insurance/reinsurance (1)
- Licensing/Gaming/Betting (1)
- Other (1)
- Pharma/Biotech (1)
Sort By: Newest first | Oldest first
The Finance Act 2014 received royal assent earlier this month. Here is a brief summary of the relevant provisions.
The European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) places reporting and risk mitigation requirements on pension scheme trustees entering into derivative contracts.
The new definition of ‘money purchase benefit’ came into force on 24 July.
The list of ‘insolvency events’ suffered by an employer that are required in order to qualify a scheme for PPF entry does not include events occurring outside the UK.
HMRC has finally confirmed that the surrender of a lease subject to tenancies can constitute a ‘transfer of a going concern’ with the result that no VAT is payable.
The recent major cabinet reshuffle sees Matthew Hancock replacing Michael Fallon as the new business and energy minister.
The London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) has recently confirmed that the new LCIA Arbitration Rules have been formally adopted by the LCIA court.
How might future UK infrastructure investment decisions be influenced by Crossrail?
At 08:45 on 24 July, after eight years of planning, sports at the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games kicked off with lawn bowls.
There were some very clear and succinct messages to emerge from the keynote addresses at the inaugural Made in the UK Conferences & Exhibition.