Moves roundup: 8th December 2008
8 December 2008
23 January 2014
20 October 2014
16 May 2014
12 May 2014
20 January 2014
Move of the week
Field Fisher Waterhouse has boosted its life sciences capability by taking on partner Alison Dennis. She joins the firm’s competition and EU regulatory group from Reed Smith, where she was promoted to partner in 2006.
• Hogan & Hartson has hired Suzanne Rab from Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, where she was a senior associate in the antitrust, competition and trade group. She joins as counsel in the European competition group.
• Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge has recruited insolvency lawyer Peter Fidler in London as senior counsel. He started on 1 December, having left CMS Cameron McKenna.
• Luxembourg-headquartered Oostvogels Pfister Feyten has reinforced its London arm by moving investment funds partner Harold Parize to the City office.
• LG has hired former Allen & Overy lawyer
Ron Burgess as a pensions partner. Burgess joins from secondment at the Pensions Regulator, where he worked in the clearance and scheme-specific funding teams.
• Thames Valley firm Pitmans has taken on consultants Jim Meechan from Bank of Scotland, where he was a director, and David Duffield from Goodman Group, where he was head of the UK corporate legal function.
• Penningtons Solicitors has hired travel law associate Mark Lee from Irwin Mitchell. He is based at Penningtons’ Godalming office.
• Bristol-based DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company has appointed a new chairman, Rainer Huber, from DAS Munich.
• Real estate associate Bhavesh Amlani has been promoted to partner at Martineau, becoming one of the youngest partners at the firm. He is based in Birmingham.
• Shulmans has recruited commercial associate Rob Lucas from Last Cawthra Feather in Bradford.
• Manchester law firm Lewis Hymanson Small has appointed motoring lawyer Daniel Berke as a partner. Berke joins from Gardner Berke, where he was a founding partner.
• Berg Legal has taken on property litigation partner Joy Barnett from Brecher, a property firm in the West End of London. She joins under head of litigation Sydney Fulda.
• Lovells’ real estate practice has recruited
Jean-Pascal Bus as a partner in the Paris office. Bus, formerly a partner at Paris-based real estate specialist Lacourte Balas et Associés, joined on 1 December.
• Belgian firm Liedekerke Wolters Waelbroeck Kirkpatrick has taken on tax partner Henk Verstraete from Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, where he was an associate.
Asia and Middle east
• Berwin Leighton Paisner has recruited India specialist Azmul Haque as a senior associate in the Singapore office. He joins from the Wong Partnership, where he was a member of the India practice group.
• Thad Davis, formerly a partner with Quinn Emanuel Urquhart Oliver and Hedges in Los Angeles, has joined Ropes & Gray as a litigation partner in its San Francisco office.
• Former Heller Ehrman partner Steven Weise has moved to Proskauer Rose as a partner in the Los Angeles office.
• Paul Hastings Janofsky & Walker has hired Luc Despins as a partner and chair of its global restructuring practice based in New York. Prior to joining Paul Hastings, he was a partner at Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy.
• K&L Gates has hired Eric Stone as a partner in the Washington office. Stone joins the government enforcement practice from the Consumer Product Safety Commission, where he was legal director of the Office of Compliance and Field Operations.
• Harney Westwood & Riegels has boosted its Cayman Islands practice with new partners Jonathan Culshaw and Paul Lau, who join from Walkers and Conyers Dill & Pearman respectively.