Moves roundup: 4 August 2008
4 August 2008
15 August 2013
24 September 2013
24 September 2013
15 August 2013
9 April 2013
• South East firm DMH Stallard has made up four partners. James Regan has been promoted to the head of retail property, while Nick Leavey is made up in real estate, Dominic Travers in corporate and Frank Jennings in technology.
• DLA Piper partner Phil Manchester has been appointed managing director of the firm’s national insurance group in Sheffield.
• Wragge & Co has promoted eight new directors. Paul Carberry has been made up in pensions, along with Ed Colreavy in real estate, Kathy Garside in commercial litigation, Andrew Glaze in corporate, Claire Hughes in employment, Kate Swaine in IP and Patrick Garner and Dan Wood in construction.
• Allen & Overy consultant James Kwan has joined Simmons & Simmons as a partner in Hong Kong. While at the magic circle firm he was based in Dubai.
• Kingslegal has hired Matthew Hirst as a partner and head of commercial litigation from DLA Piper. Richard Grayson joins as a partner in personal injury (PI) from Thompsons. Andrew Baker joins as partner in catastrophic injury and insurance fraud from Eversheds. Ellena Talbot joins as a PI associate and fast-track team manager from Hugh James.
• ASB Law has hired Claire Williams as a corporate finance partner from Brachers.
• Manches has appointed Alexandra Lewis and Tom Gilman as private client partners in its Oxford office.
• Leeds and Bradford firm Gordons has promoted partners Barbara Rollin and Matthew Howarth to head up its commercial property and commercial litigation departments respectively.
• Maples Teesdale has hired Neil Sagoo from Reynolds Porter Chamberlain. He has joined the commercial property team as an assistant.
• Monckton Chambers door tenant Michael Collins SC has been elected chairman of the
Bar Council of Ireland.
• Paul Hastings Janofsky & Walker corporate partner Raymond Wong has been elected to the board of the China-Britain Business Council.
• Fox Williams has promoted Steve Barnett to partner in the corporate department.
• HBJ Gateley Wareing has taken on Debbie Milne as a partner in the Edinburgh litigation team from Biggart Baillie.
• Charles Russell private client assistant Paul Barnes has been appointed a member of the Law Society Council.
• Godloves Solicitors has hired Howard Dapin as head of wills, trust and probate, together with Stephanie Pennington as a wills and probate assistant specialising in inheritance tax. Dapin joins from Irwin Mitchell and Pennington from Keeble Hawson Solicitors.
• Clarkslegal has promoted Caroline Lendrum to associate in the employment team and Rhiannon Holtham to associate in the company and commercial team.
• Manchester-based Towns Needham has made up Carol Colburn as partner in its private client team.
• Mayflower Solicitors has opened up in Birmingham, headed by Jimmy Ogunshakin and specialising exclusively in employment and commercial law.
• Lamb Brooks’ former senior partner and commercial lawyer David Evans has retired, but will remain with the firm as a part-time consultant. Joint management of the firm has been passed to Robert Finlayson and Ann Davies.
• Yorkshire firm Rollits has promoted property assistant Richard Stirk to associate in York and company commercial assistant John Flanagan to senior solicitor in Hull.
• Family assistant Lucy Lawton has recently joined Newcastle firm McDaniel & Co from Hexham-based firm MarstonHarbottle.
• Two barristers will join Compass Chambers. Medical negligence cases and reparation specialist Richard Pugh and family law and criminal specialist Craig Murray both join from private practice.
• Hastings County Court has recruited Lynda Helen Nightingale as a district judge on the South Eastern Circuit.