Moves roundup: 28 July 2008
28 July 2008
ESDC minister Kenny announces moratorium on the food services sector’s access to the Temporary Foreign Worker Program
20 May 2014
11 February 2014
15 August 2014
16 June 2014
20 August 2014
• Professional negligence barrister David Yates has moved to Pump Court Tax Chambers. He leaves Four New Square.
• Godloves in Leeds has appointed Howard Dapin as head of the wills, trust and probate department. The practice has also hired Stephanie Pennington as an assistant from Keeble Hawson.
• North West firm Mace & Jones has hired two partners for its dispute resolution department. Dominic Vincent joins as a corporate recovery and insolvency specialist from Halliwells and Simon Murphy joins as a property litigator from Blake Lapthorn Tarlo Lyons.
• French firm Gide Loyrette Nouel has hired capital markets senior associate Melinda Stege Arsouze from Shearman & Sterling in Paris.
• Greenwoods has promoted to associates Alastair Gunn in corporate/commercial,
Lisa Jinks in employment and Keith Williams in employment. Jeremy Lee has been promoted to the role of senior assistant in the commercial property team.
• Lancashire firm Scott Rees & Co has hired Adam Dollimore as a senior litigation executive from Silverbeck Rymer in Liverpool and Vinanti Khimji as a personal injury assistant from HSK Solicitors in Bolton.
• Magistrate’s Court district judge Peter Richards has retired. He was called to the bar in 1968.
• Davies Arnold Cooper has promoted the following to partner: Jonathan Brogden in commercial litigation; Sharron Carle in tax; and Guy Knight in real estate litigation. Five assistants have been promoted to associate: Vicky Banks; Julia Davenport-Cooper; Francesca Muscutt; Simon Price; and Sally Stansfield. Five assistants were made up to senior assistant: Karen Boto; Carol Elliot; Gemma Hartley; Mark Roach; and Sarah Williams.
• Steeles Law has promoted Lorna Townsend to principal in the employment team, Mark Rymarz has been made an associate in the commercial property team, while Nick Porter has been made an associate in the dispute resolution team.
• Karen Lawson has joined the employment law team at Howes Percival in Leicester as a professional support lawyer after a maternity break.
• The International Law Partnership has hired partner Barbara Heslop and assistants Helen Fullerton and Cedric Auchere from Fox Hayes for its French law property team.
• Kempton Rees has been appointed as a partner at Cardiff-based Darwin Gray. He was previously a partner with Geldards where he specialised in general commercial litigation and headed the insolvency court work team.
• Hempsons has promoted Crispin Pettifer in Harrogate and Ann Draper in Manchester as partners in the national healthcare team.
• Richard Meeran has rejoined Leigh Day & Co as a consultant after spending four years in Australia at Slater & Gordon.
• Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld partner Burke McDavid has returned from the firm’s Dallas office to head the Russian investment funds practice in Moscow.
• Birmingham City Council chief legal officer Mirza Ahmad has been awarded an Honorary Degree of Doctor of Laws (LLD) from Manchester Metropolitan University.
• Taylor Wessing UK has promoted former senior associates Scott Harrison in real estate and head of the China desk Yamin Liu to the position of special counsel.
• DWF in Manchester has hired Jennifer Barnes as a corporate assistant from Kippax Beaumont Lewis in Bolton, Linda Olanipekun as a real estate senior assistant from Nabarro, and Nathan Jones from Berrymans Lace Mawer and Saima Yasmeen from Keoghs in Bolton as insurance assistants.
• Offshore firm Maples Teesdale has hired Neil Sagoo as a commercial property assistant from Reynolds Porter Chamberlain.