The Lawyer Global Litigation Top 50 report is the only ranking of international law firms by litigation and arbitration revenue and is essential reading for anyone seeking to benchmark their litigation and dispute resolution practices...
This year, The Lawyer’s annual ranking of the largest UK law firms by turnover is available as an interactive, digital benchmarking tool. For the first time this will allow you to manipulate each data set against the metrics of your choice.
Ian Carson has joined Tollers as a director in its insolvency and litigation practice. He was previously a partner and head of litigation at PwC Legal.
• Ian Carson has joined Tollers as a director in its insolvency and litigation practice. He was previously a partner and head of litigation at PwC Legal. • Hertfordshire-based SA Law has hired barrister Satinder Gill, who was previously a practising barrister and sole practitioner.
• Browne Jacobson has appointed head of business services Iain Blatherwick as its new managing partner. He replaces Brian Smith, who will return to his former role as head of planning. In Birmingham, the firm has hired Melanie Print from Bevan Brittan as a partner in its public sector practice. Browne Jacobson has also made a number of partnership promotions, including: Andrew Christon, Steven Conway, Andrew Hopkin and Kevin Lawson in insurance and public risk; Tom Howard in property; and Mark Hughes and Richard Nicholas in business services. The firm has also promoted the following to associate: Nick Mackenzie and Stephen Howe in business services; and Rachael Morris and Helen Rideout in insurance and public risk.
• Newcastle firm Mincoff Jacksons has hired Theresa Carling-Wiggins as an employment assistant from Ward Hadaway. • Stewarts Law has recruited Gordons head of divorces Simon Preston as a partner. He is joined by his team of Gordons associates Angela Green and Adrian Clossick.
• Daniel Price has returned to Sidley Austin as senior partner for global issues and member of the executive committee after his role as assistant to the president and deputy national security adviser for international economic affairs in the administration of George W Bush.
• The University of Glasgow’s law school has appointed Douglas Mill, the former chief executive of the Law Society of Scotland, as its director of professional legal practice.