28 April 2008
16 July 2013
7 October 2013
5 September 2013
1 April 2013
25 March 2013
Move of the week
Jones Day has hired Laurent Assaya as of counsel in its Paris Office. Assaya joins from Fried Frank and will head the business restructuring and reorganisation practice.
• Manchester firm Pannone has appointed George Maynard as a corporate partner from Addleshaw Goddard, where he was a managing associate. Before that he trained and qualified at Herbert Smith in London.
• Keoghs has expanded its litigation team with the lateral hire of partners Peter Unsworth and David Wynn from Halliwells.
• Sean O’Hiarnain has joined Lovells as an associate in the environment group within the corporate practice. He was previously at Stephenson Harwood.
• Old Square Chambers has taken on employment barrister Robin White from Farrar’s Building. He joins the set on 6 May.
• Former Dechert partner Joel Levitin has left the firm’s New York office to join Cahill Gordon & Reindel as a partner. He will work in the bankruptcy and restructuring practice.
• Salans has taken on Xavier Poulet-Mathis, former head of legal affairs at Bouyguesstroi, as of counsel in the Moscow office. He will work in the real estate practice.
• Derbyshire-based Banner Jones has hired Toby Netting as a partner and head of the family practice from Watson Esam in Sheffield. Associate Richard Barlow also joins the firm from Watson Esam, strengthening the private client practice in Chesterfield.
• Nottingham firm Berryman has recruited construction lawyer Nina Murray Smith as a consultant. She previously worked as an independent consultant.
• Rickerbys has hired three new assistant solicitors to bolster its practice in Cheltenham. IP and IT specialist Christine Maclean arrives from Higgs & Sons, Marianne Mainwaring joins the commercial property team from Howells and Ian Dawe from BPE strengthens the litigation group.
• Doncaster firm Atherton Godfrey has appointed Alistair Stokes as a trainee. His first six months will be spent in the personal injury and clinical negligence department.
• Boote Edgar Esterkin has promoted associate Susan Kemball to head of litigation. She was previously on secondment with a client.
• Finnish firm Borenius & Kemppinen has announced the appointment of Jari Vikiö to the post of managing director. He takes over from Jyrki Tähtinen, who becomes senior partner.
• Insurance boutique Davies Lavery has appointed Joseph Hui as medical relationship manager in the catastrophic injury team. He was previously at independent rehabilitation company Health & Case Management.
• Commercial lending company Mathon has appointed Andrew Sobolewski, a former commercial property partner at Scottish firm Burness, as chief executive. He takes up the position at Mathon’s Glasgow office in August.
• Outer Temple Chambers has hired Naomi Cunningham as a junior barrister in its employment team. She joins from Farrar’s Building.
• Cardiff-based Dolmans Solicitors has promoted Peter Bennett to equity partner within the defendant litigation team. He joined Dolmans as a trainee solicitor in 1993 before qualifying in 1995.