Moves round-up: 15 September 2008
15 September 2008
5 March 2014
24 September 2013
14 July 2014
18 September 2013
26 February 2014
MOVE OF THE WEEK
• Berwin Leighton Paisner has boosted its tax division with the hire of Kevin Cummings from Allen & Overy, where he was a senior associate. He has experience in tax structured finance, carbon finance and securitisation.
• Allen & Overy (A&O) is sending six partners and 14 associates from seven jurisdictions to staff its Middle East offices. London corporate partner Andrew Schoorlemmer will move to head up the corporate department in Dubai, taking over from Pervez Akhtar, who has been appointed executive director at A&O client Abraaj Capital. London TMT partner Tom Levine will move to Abu Dhabi, London real estate and funds partner Nick Smith will relocate to Dubai, and London corporate partner Chris Thornes also moves to Dubai. Singapore banking partner Nicholas Crossin will relocate to Abu Dhabi, and Frankfurt corporate partner Johannes Bruski will move to Riyadh. In addition, 14 associates from across the London, New York, Paris, Frankfurt, Milan, Singapore and Brussels offices will also move to the region.
• Debevoise & Plimpton has ramped up its European litigation practice with the appointment of Sophie Lamb and Gaetan Verhoosel as international counsel. Lamb was formerly a partner at Bird & Bird while Verhoosel transfers from Debevoise’s Paris office.
• Eversheds has hired mental health expert Anselm Eldergill as a consultant. He was previously an independent consultant and worked with agencies including the Department of Health.
• City firm Wedlake Bell has taken on corporate partner Martin Walsh from Richards Butler. The firm has also promoted Kate Dewsnap to partner in the commercial property team and retained seven of its eight trainees.
• DLA Piper has bolstered its Tokyo office by hiring Daniel Lee from Seoul-based Kim & Chang. He will join as of counsel.
• Clifford Chance has relocated two counsel to its offices in Beijing and Tokyo. Private equity specialist Terence Foo moves from Hong Kong to Beijing and banking counsel Yemi Tepe joins the Tokyo office, having spent eight years in London.
• Private client boutique Boodle Hatfield has strengthened its private client practice with the appointment of Karen Marks, who was a partner in the tax and private capital team at LG.
• Dechert has announced that Henry Wang has joined the firm as managing partner of its newly opened Beijing office. He was previously a corporate partner at DLA Piper in Beijing.
• Yorkshire firm Keeble Hawson has recruited corporate associate Teresa Allewell from Eversheds’ Leeds office. She will join the Sheffield office.
• IT specialist Andrew Hartshorn has moved to Birmingham firm Shakespeare Putsman as a partner. He joins from Pinsent Masons where he was head of the Birmingham IT team and a partner in the outsourcing, technology and commercial group.
• Shoosmiths has recruited two lawyers in its Birmingham personal injury and clinical negligence team. Associate Sara Hunt joins from Sheffield firm Ashton Morton Slack while assistant solicitor Kathryn Turner arrives from Coventry firm Alsters Kelley.
• Private equity and M&A partner Dr Heiner Braun is to relocate from Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer’s office in Frankfurt to the firm’s office in Shanghai.
• DLA Piper has hired criminal lawyer Domenico Aiello in the Italian regulatory group. He joins from Clifford Chance’s Milan office.
• Weightmans has taken on personal injury partner Paul Debney from Challinors. He joins the firm’s Leicester office.
• Lester Aldridge has recruited private client partner Jeremy Mills in its Bournemouth office. He was previously a partner at Buckinghamshire and Thames Valley firm BP Collins.