Moves round-up: 11 August 2008
11 August 2008
25 November 2013
2 December 2013
20 February 2014
19 July 2013
14 March 2014
• Bryan Cave’s Chicago office has hired five new lateral partners, two counsel and one associate from Bell Boyd & Lloyd. The new partners are: Nicola Fiordalisi in corporate; Bryan Keyt in environmental, energy, health and safety; Francis Lyons in environmental compliance; Patrick McKey in commercial litigation; and Mike Ohm in the environmental, energy and natural resource practice. The new counsel are Thor Ketzback in environmental law and Brent Vincent in litigation, while Allyson Wilcox has been hired as an associate in the environment team.
• Scottish firm Burness has promoted Steven McKinlay, Scott Peterkin and Peter Rice in the property department and Vanessa Ingram in the pensions team to partner. David Antonelli, Peter Chambers and Hannah Ross in the property department, along with Will Cole from dispute resolution, have been promoted to associate, while pensions lawyer Alison Shackleton joins the firm as a director from McClure Naismith.
• Berryman has hired personal insolvency and bankruptcy associate Barry Delaney from the Birmingham office of HBJ Gateley Wareing.
• Mills Kemp & Brown in Yorkshire has appointed employment lawyer Simon Brian as a partner. He joins from Walker Morris in Leeds where he was an associate.
• Arnold & Porter has hired healthcare lawyers Jeffrey Ruggiero and Andrew Bogen in New York from Arent Fox’s New York office. Ruggiero joins as partner and Bogen as counsel.
• Foley Hoag has hired international investment and trade attorney Mélida Hodgson as counsel from Miller Chevalier in Washington DC.
• Shirley Anne Anwyl QC, Richard James Haworth and Roger Michael Shawcross have retired as Circuit Bench judges. Paul Michael Miller has retired as a master of the Queen’s Bench Division. Ian Diamond has retired as a district judge.
• In Wales, Clarkslegal has promoted Caroline Lendrum and Rhiannon Holtham to associates in the employment and company/commercial teams respectively.
• Finers Stephens Innocent has appointed Ian Ryan as a partner and head of business crime and professional discipline.
• Blake Lapthorn Tarlo Lyons has hired Mark Brassey as a partner in its real estate dispute resolution team from Rooks Rider, where he was head of the property litigation team.
• IP barrister Michael Edenborough has joined commercial chancery chambers Serle Court from Hogarth Chambers.
• Leeds and Sheffield firm Wrigleys has made up the following partners: Simon Evans and Josephine Manfredi-Hamer in pensions,
Marie-Louise Hamilton in tax and estate planning and Elizabeth Wilson in the property department for charitable, religious and educational institutions. Pensions lawyer Margaret
Allison has been promoted to consultant in pensions.
• German firm Graf von Westphalen partner Klaus Landry has been appointed to the board of trustees of the Joachim Herz Foundation, a charity that was recently set up to advance education and related causes.
• Hempsons has hired Jamie Foster from
Bevan Brittan as a senior solicitor for its London commercial team.
• Insurance and reinsurance firm Clausen Miller has promoted Jonathan Hall to partner. He focuses on energy, construction and engineering disputes and business interruption losses.
• US firm Morgan & Finnegan has hired Aaron Mace as a patent prosecution associate from Harness Dickey & Pierce.
• Matheson Ormsby Prentice has hired Helen Noble as a partner in the asset finance group. She joins from Mason Hayes & Curran.
• Chadbourne & Parke has hired Eli Katz as a tax counsel in the project finance and tax practices from General Electric, where he was vice president in tax planning and counsel for the energy financial services business.
• Assistant Farhanah Ismail has been promoted to associate at Manchester firm Ralli.
• Bath-based Mogers has hired new marketing director Adrienne Halladay from Bevans; Quentin Elston has joined to head the charities department from Thrings; Neil Denny has joined as an associate in the family department from BLB Solicitors; Matt Malone has joined as a human resources officer from the NHS.