The Lawyer’s newest product is the most comprehensive overview of the Asia-Pacific legal market yet produced. With rankings of the top 100 local law firms by lawyer headcount as well as analysis of the leading 50 international players in the region, it is essential reading for anyone interested in the strategic future of the world’s fastest growing legal market
North West firm DWF has hired four new partners. In Leeds, Rupert Nevin, a founder partner in DLA Piper's regulatory team, becomes head of the new business regulation, health, safety and environment team, while Carol Grundell arrives from Fox Hayes to lead the family law group. In Manchester, James Lonsdale joins as a commercial and IP partner from Addleshaw Goddard, and Barry Scott joins the real estate practice from Barker Booth & Eastwood.
- Insurance specialist Robin Simon has recruited Helen Fagg as a partner from Beachcroft. She will be based in the Leeds office. The firm has also promoted Mark Jenky-Jones to partner level in its Manchester office.
- Harbottle & Lewis has appointed new partner Tom Amlot as head of family. The firm also promoted Louise Gordon, Tony Littner, Cassandra Manita, Adam Mitton and Ben Bye to senior associate level.
- Hill Dickinson has hired private client partner Paula Milburn from JMW in Manchester, where she headed the family department. She will be based in Hill Dickinson's Chester office.
- Capsticks has recruited two healthcare associates: Peter Steel from Mills & Reeve and Jacqui Atkinson, who held an in-house role at Birmingham University.
- US firm Arnold & Porter has hired M&A and private equity lawyer David Berg from Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton. He joins as counsel in the London office.
- Trainee Kate Jones has qualified as a solicitor in the employment team of Manchester-based Glaisyers Solicitors.
- Andrew King has been appointed a district judge on the Western Circuit. He will be based at Aldershot and Farnham County Court.
- Clyde & Co dispute resolution partner Stirling Leech is moving to the firm's Rio de Janeiro office.