I have been The Lawyer's features editor since 2003. During that time I've overseen numerous data-led projects, in particular the UK 200 Annual Report. I also lead the editorial focus on the operational side of the law, most notably in the new The Lawyer Management newsletter, which includes a weekly column in the print edition, news stories and blogs and will feature a day-long conference and awards in September. My remit covers the entire market but in terms of reporting my focus tends to be on US firms. In 2007 I set up and ran the publication's New York office. On a weekly basis I'm responsible for commissioning and editing several regular articles and columns in the print edition, including opinion articles.
- 020 7970 4558
British Medical Association (BMA) group legal director Jonathan Waters has resigned from the professional body to set up a healthcare, HR and legal consultancy.
The London office of Jones Day is piloting the use of damages-based agreements (DBAs), making it one of the few major firms to offer these alternative fee arrangements (AFAs) since new regulations came into force in the UK earlier this year.
HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has published its “dramatic” proposals for changes to the partnership tax regime, a move aimed at dealing with the so-called ‘disguised salary’ of LLP members that looks set to create upheaval in finance teams across the UK.
- Baker Botts helps UK Government back BP in US federal contracting ban challenge
- Global Litigation Top 50: The risers and fallers revealed
- Exclusive: DLA Piper takes top spot in $24bn global litigation market
- The Lawyer Global Litigation Top 50: Flex appeal
- The Lawyer Global Litigation Top 50: The in-house side of the story
- Deloitte the winner in UK 200 audit race
- Auditors under the spotlight
- Addleshaws' transaction services team hits third birthday
- US IP shop Finnegan opens in London, shuts down in Brussels
- 'Beer and song' raises £215,000 at Law Rocks' Six of the Best
- Olswang revenue up 15% at half-year stage to £57.6m
- Legal Harmony launches choir competition for lawyers
- Law Rocks Unplugged: the charity fundraiser and the Wild Sex Party video
- LPO provider Exigent raises stakes in lower cost offering with mLegal acquisition
- Fladgate turnover up 15% at half year as firm hires FFW construction head
- Boodle Hatfield quits Mayfair for Bankside
- DWF emerges as big winner on lockup reduction in the UK 200