M&A expertise is central to our practice. It brings together and integrates the expertise of other acknowledged practice groups at Popovici Nitu & Asociatii, such as corporate and commercial, capital markets, financing, tax, competition and antitrust, environment and litigation.
We act in public and private company mergers and acquisitions within the entire range of industries, corporate restructuring schemes and divestiture transactions, fund establishment and investment programmes, private equity funded acquisitions, MBOs, MBIs, exit strategies and other takeovers.
Our attorneys have been involved in most of major privatisation projects conducted in Romania to date, having advised either on the seller’s side or for the benefit of the buyer. Our expertise ranges from regulatory issues and assistance in creating and assisting all the privatisation authorities in Romania to unique privatisations in fields such as aviation, shipping, heavy industry, energy, transportation, banking and telecommunications. In these projects we have handled intricate financial transactions, reorganisation of assets, employment, competition, budgetary debts, real estate issues, oil and gas concessions.
Our privatisation capabilities include:
- regulatory analysis
- assistance during tender procedures, including drafting legal opinions on risks involved
- specific due-diligence activities
- assessment of viable solutions for the prospective investment
- drafting and negotiation of related contractual documentation
- assistance during the completion of the transaction
- close monitoring within the post-privatisation period
For more information, click here.
Information sourced from the Popovici Nitu website.