I have been The Lawyer's features editor since 2003. During that time I've overseen numerous data-led projects, in particular the UK 200 Annual Report. I also lead the editorial focus on the operational side of the law, most notably in the new The Lawyer Management newsletter, which includes a weekly column in the print edition, news stories and blogs and will feature a day-long conference and awards in September. My remit covers the entire market but in terms of reporting my focus tends to be on US firms. In 2007 I set up and ran the publication's New York office. On a weekly basis I'm responsible for commissioning and editing several regular articles and columns in the print edition, including opinion articles.
- 020 7970 4558
The lot of the law firm leader is not always a happy one. This week’s cover feature unpicks that statement a little. We quizzed dozens of past and present managing and senior partners on what it is that makes the role so tough. Who would have thought that one of the recurring themes would be that it can be “lonely”?
I'm a managing partner… get me out of here subscription
Lonely, a career cul-de-sac, the figurative punch bag, master and yet servant – just some of the ways the managing partner role can be hell. Still interested in doing it? Read on
Who'd be a law firm leader? subscription
Your partners hate you, your clients are deserting you - welcome to the world of the managing partner.
- What managing partners really, really hate subscription
- Law firm management: the poisoned chalice subscription
- Olswang at the crossroads as turnover lags peer group subscription
- Olswang’s former CEO Stewart quits the firm subscription
- UK 200 International: Consolidation continues as growth accelerates subscription
- The Lawyer Management conference highlights the future subscription
- Baker & McKenzie's Leite: trust me, I'm a lawyer subscription
- The irony of real estate subscription
- Allen & Overy targets Belfast expansion with 100 new roles over five years subscription
- Baker & McKenzie unveils new management but chair Leite stays to 2016 subscription
- Boies Schiller: We're not as big as Quinn Emanuel, but size doesn't matter subscription
- Cadwalader continues London capital markets spree with hire of Ashurst's Quirolo subscription
- Boodle Hatfield appoints first female senior partner since 1722 subscription
- Why you need to be more agile subscription
- US litigation boutique BuckleySandler launches in London subscription
- DWF to sell portable office space for £6,500 to remote workers subscription
- Intelligent Office UK opens second onshore shared services centre in Glasgow subscription