I have been The Lawyer's features editor since 2003. During that time I've overseen numerous data-led projects, in particular the UK 200 Annual Report. I also lead the editorial focus on the operational side of the law, most notably in the new The Lawyer Management newsletter, which includes a weekly column in the print edition, news stories and blogs and will feature a day-long conference and awards in September. My remit covers the entire market but in terms of reporting my focus tends to be on US firms. In 2007 I set up and ran the publication's New York office. On a weekly basis I'm responsible for commissioning and editing several regular articles and columns in the print edition, including opinion articles.
- 020 7970 4558
Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft has continued its run of London lateral hires with the addition of Ashurst capital markets partner David Quirolo.
Boodle Hatfield has appointed its first female senior partner in its 300-year history, with head of private client Sara Maccallum set to take over the running of the firm on 1 May next year.
Why you need to be more agile subscription
Next month The Lawyer Management conference and awards rolls into town. Over the next few weeks in the run-up to the conference we’ll be looking at some of the operational themes it will be covering, we well as the awards categories in more detail.
- US litigation boutique BuckleySandler launches in London
- DWF to sell portable office space for £6,500 to remote workers
- Intelligent Office UK opens second onshore shared services centre in Glasgow
- A good time for a fresh start
- Bakers’ service with an emerald smile
- Baker & McKenzie chooses Belfast for second global services centre
- Wiggin posts 22.3% rise in revenue for 2013/14 to £15.9m as profit jumps by 80%
- Bakers breaks records for revenue and headcount with $2.5bn 2013/14 results
- Burness Paull posts 20% revenue rise to £46.3m
- Ropes & Gray's Allen and Goetz call time on London co-managing partner roles
- Edwards Wildman corporate head quits for Morgan Lewis
- Simpson Thacher boosts City diversity stats with return of finance partner O'Shea
- Coulson's lawyer Rickards exits DLA Piper for Kingsley Napley
- UK firms look to grow on home soil
- The Lawyer Management Awards shortlist revealed
- Mishcon posts 17% rise in London revenue to £97.8m as total turnover hits £104.6m
- Fee income on public M&A tumbles as deals dry up, research by The Lawyer reveals