The Lawyer Asia Pacific 150 is the only research report to provide a ranking of the top 100 independent local firms and top 50 global firms in the region. The report offers critical review of some of the fastest growing firms and their strategies, a country-by-country guide to leading legal advisers and legal services market trends, plus exclusive insight into the current business development opportunities in the Asia Pacific. Read more
This year, The Lawyer’s annual ranking of the largest UK law firms by turnover is available as an interactive, digital benchmarking tool. For the first time this will allow you to manipulate each data set against the metrics of your choice.
Patent and trade mark attorney firm Marks & Clerk has joined up with the IP arm of electronics group Thales to launch its first office in France.
The new venture is 60 per cent owned by the management team of Thales’ IP department, with Marks & Clerk owning the remaining 40 per cent. The office will be known as Marks & Clerk France.
The 30-strong Thales team of patent and trade mark attorneys were previously reponsible for the protection of the company’s IP rights. Marks & Clerk France will continue to work for Thales in addition to other clients.
This latest expansion follows 2004’s launch of Marks & Clerk Solicitors in London.
Marks & Clerk chair Chris Gibson said France was a key IP market which would benefit the firm’s clients.