I've been associate editor of The Lawyer since May 2014, having joined the publication as City editor in 2007 before becoming news editor in 2008. I have an interest in the whole legal sector, from in-house and the bar to City firms and ABS, but particular areas of focus have included private equity, pensions, diversity and Scotland. As associate editor I am taking a more active role in research, looking in-depth at firms’ financials as well as particular countries and regions, such as India and West Africa.
- 07983 624197
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer has continued to bolster its Asian practice by hiring from magic circle rival Linklaters, this time taking a Beijing banking and finance partner for its Hong Kong office.
Scotland-headquartered Maclay Murray & Spens has bolstered its Aberdeen oil and gas practice with the hire of Dana Petroleum general counsel Jill Reid.
Africa Elite executive summary: firm profiles subscription
Our essential guide to the top legal outfits south of the Sahara advising on private equity
- Africa Elite 2015: The new face of private equity in Africa subscription
- Malaysia’s Zicolaw adds IP weight across Southeast Asia network subscription
- Linklaters loses Asia US securities head Ludwick to Freshfields subscription
- Taylor Wessing Singapore member services arm prepares for IPO subscription
- Kennedys expands capabilities in Singapore with local joint law venture subscription
- Norton Rose Fulbright adds K&L Gates partner to Hong Kong base subscription
- Shepherd & Wedderburn's Stephen Gibb on post-Tods Murray optimism subscription
- Ashurst puts Asia focus on Japan with relocation of regional head subscription
- DLA Piper continues to bulk up in Asia with MoFo Hong Kong hire subscription
- HSF cuts debt by 21 per cent in first full year after merger subscription
- CMS paid £2.3m to prepare Dundas for takeover, LLP accounts show subscription
- China’s Dacheng raids Haworth & Lexon for six-partner team subscription
- Freshfields to pay £1bn to retired partners over next 50 years subscription
- India's largest firm Amarchand splits as brothers battle over equity stake subscription
- Wilson Sonsini loses Beijing head Li to Sidley subscription
- DLA Piper bulks up in Singapore with hires from Gibson Dunn and Jones Day subscription
- Special report: Luxembourg – on the IP offensive subscription