I've been associate editor of The Lawyer since May 2014, having joined the publication as City editor in 2007 before becoming news editor in 2008. I have an interest in the whole legal sector, from in-house and the bar to City firms and ABS, but particular areas of focus have included private equity, pensions, diversity and Scotland. As associate editor I am taking a more active role in research, looking in-depth at firms’ financials as well as particular countries and regions, such as India and West Africa.
- 07983 624197
It’s been a difficult few years for Shepherd & Wedderburn, what with turnover stagnating and the ‘Scottish big four’ group it formed a nominal part of disintegrating when Dundas & Wilson and McGrigors were taken out by merger.
Ashurst has bolstered its Tokyo practice by moving two partners including its Asia head from Singapore to the Japanese capital.
DLA Piper has continued to rebuild its depleted Asia practice with the addition of a Hong Kong corporate partner from US firm Morrison & Foerster (MoFo).
- HSF cuts debt by 21 per cent in first full year after merger subscription
- CMS paid £2.3m to prepare Dundas for takeover, LLP accounts show subscription
- China’s Dacheng raids Haworth & Lexon for six-partner team subscription
- Freshfields to pay £1bn to retired partners over next 50 years subscription
- India's largest firm Amarchand splits as brothers battle over equity stake subscription
- Wilson Sonsini loses Beijing head Li to Sidley subscription
- DLA Piper bulks up in Singapore with hires from Gibson Dunn and Jones Day subscription
- Special report: Luxembourg – on the IP offensive subscription
- Scotland’s Burness Paull increases bank balance in year after merger subscription
- Linklaters loses Asia-based Carlyle relationship partner to White & Case subscription
- Bird & Bird consolidates loans in bid to reduce debt-servicing costs subscription
- China’s Dacheng merges with Dentons to create world's biggest firm subscription
- Fenwick & West adds Kaye Scholer partner to nascent Shanghai base subscription
- Norton Rose Fulbright continues to shuffle global energy team with Singapore relocation subscription
- Penningtons’ debt rocketed by 129 per cent in year of Manches takeover subscription
- LLP accounts reveal cost of controlling debt and staff for law firms subscription
- Shepherd & Wedderburn makes double arbitration hire from Crowell & Moring subscription