I've been associate editor of The Lawyer since May 2014, having joined the publication as City editor in 2007 before becoming news editor in 2008. I have an interest in the whole legal sector, from in-house and the bar to City firms and ABS, but particular areas of focus have included private equity, pensions, diversity and Scotland. As associate editor I am taking a more active role in research, looking in-depth at firms’ financials as well as particular countries and regions, such as India and West Africa.
- 07983 624197
Herbert Smith Freehills (HSF) reduced its debt position in its first full year as a merged firm, although it still ended the 2013/14 year with borrowings of £141m.
CMS Cameron McKenna paid £2.3m to Dundas & Wilson prior to taking the firm over, with the cash being used to cover the cost of a pre-deal restructuring.
PRC firm Dacheng has made its first significant hire since its tie-up with Dentons became public knowledge, taking on a team of six equity partners from fellow Chinese firm Haworth & Lexon.
- Freshfields to pay £1bn to retired partners over next 50 years subscription
- India's largest firm Amarchand splits as brothers battle over equity stake subscription
- Wilson Sonsini loses Beijing head Li to Sidley subscription
- DLA Piper bulks up in Singapore with hires from Gibson Dunn and Jones Day subscription
- Special report: Luxembourg – on the IP offensive subscription
- Scotland’s Burness Paull increases bank balance in year after merger subscription
- Linklaters loses Asia-based Carlyle relationship partner to White & Case subscription
- Bird & Bird consolidates loans in bid to reduce debt-servicing costs subscription
- China’s Dacheng merges with Dentons to create world's biggest firm subscription
- Fenwick & West adds Kaye Scholer partner to nascent Shanghai base subscription
- Norton Rose Fulbright continues to shuffle global energy team with Singapore relocation subscription
- Penningtons’ debt rocketed by 129 per cent in year of Manches takeover subscription
- LLP accounts reveal cost of controlling debt and staff for law firms subscription
- Shepherd & Wedderburn makes double arbitration hire from Crowell & Moring subscription
- Reed Smith launches Singapore corporate practice with Stephenson Harwood hire subscription
- Kennedys follows through on promise of Scottish insurance launch subscription
- Allen & Overy, Bakers and Clifford Chance best placed for “fantastic opportunity” in ASEAN subscription