I've been associate editor of The Lawyer since May 2014, having joined the publication as City editor in 2007 before becoming news editor in 2008. I have an interest in the whole legal sector, from in-house and the bar to City firms and ABS, but particular areas of focus have included private equity, pensions, diversity and Scotland. As associate editor I am taking a more active role in research, looking in-depth at firms’ financials as well as particular countries and regions, such as India and West Africa.
- 07983 624197
Two more Fried Frank Hong Kong partners have found a home, with corporate specialists Douglas Freeman and Victor Chen set to join Paul Hastings.
Norton Rose Fulbright (NRF) has continued to bolster its Hong Kong operation with the addition of a disputes team from Fried Frank’s soon-to-close local office.
Bird & Bird has added a Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP) corporate partner to its Singapore team with the aim of upping its expertise across the Southeast Asian region.
- Australia’s Minter Ellison boosts Perth disputes team with Lavan Legal hire subscription
- Pensions – Don’t take pot luck subscription
- Baker & McKenzie Asia head Hambrett: be global, travel more subscription
- Scotland’s Gillespie Macandrew targets growth as it installs first non-lawyer CEO subscription
- Freshfields returns to Linklaters for another Hong Kong partner hire subscription
- Scotland's Maclays adds Dana Petroleum GC to oil and gas team subscription
- Africa Elite executive summary: firm profiles subscription
- Africa Elite 2015: The new face of private equity in Africa subscription
- Malaysia’s Zicolaw adds IP weight across Southeast Asia network subscription
- Linklaters loses Asia US securities head Ludwick to Freshfields subscription
- Taylor Wessing Singapore member services arm prepares for IPO subscription
- Kennedys expands capabilities in Singapore with local joint law venture subscription
- Norton Rose Fulbright adds K&L Gates partner to Hong Kong base subscription
- Shepherd & Wedderburn's Stephen Gibb on post-Tods Murray optimism subscription
- Ashurst puts Asia focus on Japan with relocation of regional head subscription
- DLA Piper continues to bulk up in Asia with MoFo Hong Kong hire subscription
- HSF cuts debt by 21 per cent in first full year after merger subscription