I've been associate editor of The Lawyer since May 2014, having joined the publication as City editor in 2007 before becoming news editor in 2008. I have an interest in the whole legal sector, from in-house and the bar to City firms and ABS, but particular areas of focus have included private equity, pensions, diversity and Scotland. As associate editor I am taking a more active role in research, looking in-depth at firms’ financials as well as particular countries and regions, such as India and West Africa.
- 07983 624197
Emma Thomas’s crisis management skills, honed at Britvic and Woolworths, gave her the expertise to put HomeServe’s house in order after a mis-selling scandal
For incoming Pinsent Masons senior partner Richard Foley there is a clear distinction between the role he will assume on 1 October and the one that whoever replaces managing partner David Ryan by next year will fulfil.
A leading Scottish firm with offices north and south of the border has shifted its cash out of Scottish banks for fear that a vote in favour of independence could lead to a run on them.
- HSF names Henderson new SE Asia chief as Walter prepares for retirement
- Scottish independence: Nervous System
- Scotland’s firms hold their nerve
- South Korea: Losing its shine
- India’s Amarchand eyes expansion with Gurgaon office launch
- In-house interview: Ian Haslegrave, GC, Electrocomponents
- Minter Ellison's Tony Harrington: "Collaborate, innovate and inspire"
- Shepherd & Wedderburn bolsters construction team with ex-DLA practice head
- PwC takes on Aussie legal market with hire of ex-KWM partners
- Wong Partnership follows Myanmar entry with Indonesia deal
- KWM, Bakers and HSF have strongest brands in Asia, research finds
- Pillsbury taps Paul Hastings for Beijing office launch
- Harper Macleod joins forces with Bird Semple to create £23m firm
- Burness Paull taps MacRoberts for corporate partner Burns
- Aussie legal market sees slight rise in confidence but pay rises limited
- Linklaters, Allens and Squire Sanders lead on Myanmar telecoms investment
- TAGLaw expands network into Indonesia via Budidjaja & Associates