I'm the City editor. I oversee our reporting of deals and am responsible for the weekly Deals Insider email newsletter that comes out every Monday, covering client relationships, legal fees and data-led market trends. I also write stories and analysis on the top City law firms, with a focus on the magic and silver circle and in-house matters at big banks and corporates. Come to me with news about top firms, deals, legal panels and my pet subject, the collapse of US law firm Dewey & LeBoeuf. Follow me at @TheLawyerJoshua.
- 020 7970 4557
Special report: Israel – A hi-tech attraction subscription
Technology M&A is leading the way in Israel as foreign companies clamour to invest, but will a regulator’s U-turn put the brakes on growth?
Special report: Germany – independent nation subscription
German firms are hanging on to their independence despite continued international competition
The UK Market Register shows the extent to which US firms, notably Baker & McKenzie, Latham & Watkins and White & Case, are now entrenched in the UK legal market.
- 41-50 segments: extracts subscription
- Legal fees outstripped by bankers' earnings on public takeovers subscription
- Lawyers vs bankers subscription
- Legal fees plummet to £26m in quiet first half for public M&A subscription
- Olswang, Reed Smith and Simmons among candidates for YouView panel subscription
- Copyright theft fighter FACT installs Lotus IP lawyer as first GC subscription
- Change in the air for Barclays panel subscription
- FFW and OC: near as dammit to a merger subscription
- YouView head of legal: Vitale statistics subscription
- Clifford Chance revenue drops 2.5 per cent as PEP slips to £1m subscription
- FFW enters Asia through Shanghai tie-up under new Swiss Verein subscription
- Norton Rose's Martocracy subscription
- Latham opposite Slaughters in first Carlyle role since key CC hire subscription
- SJ Berwin in talks to outsource 20-person document production unit subscription
- Linklaters PEP rises 6.5 per cent, turnover up 1 per cent to £1.195bn subscription
- Ashurst PEP falls 9 per cent as top of equity slumps below £1m subscription
- Norton Rose posts £845m revenue for non-Fulbright business subscription