I joined The Lawyer as a features reporter in February 2012 and now sit on the news desk. Although my remit covers the entire market I currently focus on stories and analysis of US firms and am also responsible for our weekly in-house newsletter and several slots in the print edition, including The Lawyer Management and Work Life Quiz. Since joining The Lawyer I have profiled in-house legal teams at household names including Google, Facebook and Twitter. I'm interested in hearing about US firm gossip, in-house matters, moves and deals. I tweet as @LucyMBurton.
- 020 7970 4722
King.com general counsel Marcus Whalen is to leave the online gaming company to take up a consultancy position.
Bell Capital general counsel Tom Bartos has left the role for an M&A position at the Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), the state-owned investment arm of the Gulf state.
Cash call is simply to stabilise the partner distribution cycle, apparently
- Pounds for pupillages
- The Lawyer Management: Brachers
- Mini pupillage becomes work experience in private school auction row
- Edwards Wildman teams up with M&A boutique Ismen for Turkey launch
- Michelmores dishes out staff bonuses after turnover rises 15 per cent
- Top private school summoned by BSB over pupillage auction
- Exclusive: Legacy Herbert Smith issues £20m cash call to equity partners