Loyens advises European Investment Bank over Qredits loan deal

Loyens & Loeff advised the European Investment Bank (the EIB) over a €100m loan by the EIB to Qredits Microfinanciering, a Dutch non-profit organisation focusing on financing businesses in the Netherlands without access to bank financing.

The loan will enable Qredits to grant more loans and provide coaching to fledgling Dutch entrepreneurs.

The European Investment Fund supports the credit with a €25m guarantee. The Ministry of Economic Affairs guarantees 80 per cent of the EIB loan. The other 20 per cent is covered by the European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI), the Juncker Plan.