Louise Leaver has specialised in social housing finance for more than 10 years. She has acted for both borrower and lender clients in the social housing sector on all types of funding and security transactions.
Over the last few years, Leaver has helped clients to evolve and document new funding structures, such as the M&G Social Housing Fund, and is an integral part of the Alternative Financing Initiative set up by the Social Housing Finance team to assist clients in exploring new debt and equity funding models.
- Currently acting on behalf of a RP issuing a public bond
- Acting for First Wessex on its recent private placement
- Acting for M&G in relation to up to £250m of privately placed notes issued by RPs to the M&G Social Housing Fund
- Acted on behalf of the first RP to secure a £50m loan direct from a pension fund
- Acting for M&G in relation to the acquisition of a large ground-rent portfolio
- Acting for various corporate clients in relation to re-financing of existing debt as well as new secured facilities
News from Winckworth Sherwood
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Winckworth Sherwood
James Lynas, a partner at Winckworth Sherwood specialising in education employment law, highlights easily avoidable human resources errors that can cost schools dear.
Name or shame: complying with the name and charitable status provisions of the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014
This note focuses on two key provisions of the Act which deal with the requirement to display the name and charitable status of registered societies.