Restructuring & Corporate Recovery Update — March 2013
Taylor Wessing has released the March 2013 edition of its Restructuring & Corporate Update. It summarises what the firm thinks are the more interesting recent legal developments in restructing and corporate recovery.
- The restructuring and corporate recovery market in the UAE
- Contingent claims — should the liquidator wait for the contingency to occur?
- Agency relationship or a relationship of seller and buyer?
- How undistributed assets under a scheme of arrangement should be treated
- Marshalling securities where there are two debtors
- When can a claim for transaction at an undervalue succeed?
- Iceland versus Scotland: what happens when two inconsistent insolvency regimes clash?
- Boot camp: late payment issues construction contracts
- Late payments: EU directive implemented
- Safeguarding your business — a practical guide against counterparty and third-party default…
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the rest of the Taylor Wessing briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
Sign in or Register to continue reading this article
It's quick, easy and free!
It takes just 5 minutes to register. Answer a few simple questions and once completed you’ll have instant access.Register now
Why register to The Lawyer
In-depth, expert analysis into the stories behind the headlines from our leading team of journalists.
Identify the major players and business opportunities within a particular region through our series of free, special reports.
Receive your pick of The Lawyer's daily and weekly email newsletters, tailored by practice area, region and job function.
More relevant to you
To continue providing the best analysis, insight and news across the legal market we are collecting some information about who you are, what you do and where you work to improve The Lawyer and make it more relevant to you.
News from Taylor Wessing
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Taylor Wessing
For the tax year from 6 April 2014, the standard lifetime allowance has reduced from £1.5m to £1.25m.
One of the areas highlighted last year by the Regulator was the regulation of workplace DC pension schemes.
Analysis from The Lawyer
As the equity capital markets rocketed back into favour and global M&A saw at least a partial return to form, there have been some rich pickings for The Lawyer’s Corporate Team of the Year award shortlisted firms in 2014.
The city-state is working hard to become a global wealth management hub, and law firms are gearing up for a prosperous new world