OFT publishes final report on the Payday Lending Compliance Review
The headline from the Office of Fair Trading’s (OFT) Final Report (the Report) on the Payday Lending Compliance Review is that the OFT has found a widespread lack of compliance on the part of licensed businesses.
The key areas where compliance issues have been identified include:
- lenders failing to conduct adequate assessments of affordability before lending or before rolling over loans
- lenders failing to explain adequately how payments will be collected
- non-compliant advertising (including lenders’ websites)
- using aggressive debt collection practices
- not treating borrowers in financial difficulty with forbearance…
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the rest of the Walker Morris briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
News from Walker Morris
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Walker Morris
The CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme is a UK government initiative to reduce CO2 emissions from organisations meeting certain qualification criteria.
The government has announced a series of measures designed to reduce energy bills.
Analysis from The Lawyer
New EU rules and lawyers’ increased comfort with digital formats are sparking a sea-change in the way law firms manage their documents
Steady as she goes is the theme at Leeds firm Walker Morris, with high profitability offering a clue as to why so few partners move on