International Tax News — March 2013
DLA Piper has released the March 2013 edition of International Tax News. It covers tax issues and rulings in countries, including India, China, Luxembourg and Germany as well as the EU.
In this issue:
- India’s High Court supports bilateral tax treaty provisions, but new budget means taxpayers should evaluate investment risk
- In wake of ECJ ruling, EU member states amend exit tax regimes
- Change in China’s employment law strikes at long-term use of temps, which may affect your tax structure
- Tax aspects of Luxembourg holding and financing vehicles: recent developments
- Germany: future taxation of portfolio dividends
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the DLA Piper briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
News from DLA Piper
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from DLA Piper
Social media is an ever-increasing area of litigation. Facebook users spend more than 10.5 billion minutes per day on the website, for example.
The OIG Compendium provides a summary of opportunities to ‘achieve cost savings, improve programme management and ensure quality of care and safety of beneficiaries.’
Analysis from The Lawyer
Regulators are ramping up the pressure in the aftermath of recession, leaving firms to compete for compliance and restructuring work
Shearman & Sterling is making its presence felt in the City, squaring up to magic circle firms and looking to muscle in on key relationships. Private equity house Bridgepoint is one outfit that has had its head turned by the US firm.