InSure: round-up of developments affecting the insurance industry — November 2012
This month’s round-up of developments affecting the insurance industry sees: a new deputy chair appointed to the Council of Lloyd’s; an update on BIBA’s strategic review; ABI consideration points ahead of the gender-neutral insurance pricing ruling; an FSA update on the Remuneration Code — data collection; and BIBA demand more action from government in the forthcoming Autumn Statement.
The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (BIBA) has announced that it will review its Board governance, segmentation of membership and commercial activities. BIBA notes that around five or six workstreams are likely to be taken forward by the Board, which may include:
- Board governance and a review of committee structures and the creation of an Advisory Board or Boards to ensure all members have a voice.
- Strengthening of the Executive team.
- Clear segmentation of members to ensure relevance of BIBA’s representation and service delivery.
- Having ‘one voice’ in the general insurance sector by working with organisations such as ABI, LIIBA, MGAA, Lloyd’s and CII.
- A review of BIBA’s commercial activities to improve income on an open transparent and fair basis.
- The creation of a principles based Code of Conduct for member companies which will be a compulsory element of BIBA membership…
If you are registered and logged in to the site, click on the link below to read the rest of the Addleshaw Goddard briefing. If not, please register or sign in with your details below.
Click on the link above to download briefing.
News from Addleshaw Goddard
News from The Lawyer
Briefings from Addleshaw Goddard
Mr Justice Blair has clarified the scope of brokers’ duties in relation to business interruption cover in Eurokey Recycling Ltd v Giles Insurance Brokers.
Addleshaw Goddard has released the 16 October 2014 issue of its Data Issues Roundup, which provides a weekly round-up of data issues.
Analysis from The Lawyer
Which firms are cutting it in this era of slimline rosters, and who are the GC new brooms making clean sweeps? The Lawyer can reveal all
Could Slater & Gordon achieve its stated aim of becoming a top consumer brand by acquiring Pannone?